Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Andy Murray **** World No.1 ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not his biggest fan but he puts all of the football prima donnas to shame. Played a three and a half hours semi final and next day, that's next day, plays a final against the now second best player in the world. Achievements like this erode my loyalties to football.

It puts the 'can't play 2 games in 4 days' type moaning and whinging from the footballers into perspective. I think in the Davis Cup he had a 5hr+ match one day and still played the day after.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It puts the 'can't play 2 games in 4 days' type moaning and whinging from the footballers into perspective. I think in the Davis Cup he had a 5hr+ match one day and still played the day after.

I'd like to see footballers go out to Miami with Andy Murray and train as he does for a week or two, he trains without a racket on pure physical fitness. He is in an awesome shape, he keeps himself injury free through top conditioning and strengthening work. He has a single minded focus and determination to be the best.

There should be sportsman all over the country looking at Andy Murray and then thinking about themselves and asking if they're doing enough. In the case of most footballers, that answer would be a no.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think you have that the wrong way around.

I think he knows that.

It's a brilliant achievement by Andy. It's also great his older brother Jamie, has also attained number 1 in the doubles.

Britain does well with famous sporting brothers, the Charltons, Brownlees, and Murrays.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I'd like to see footballers go out to Miami with Andy Murray and train as he does for a week or two, he trains without a racket on pure physical fitness. He is in an awesome shape, he keeps himself injury free through top conditioning and strengthening work. He has a single minded focus and determination to be the best.

There should be sportsman all over the country looking at Andy Murray and then thinking about themselves and asking if they're doing enough. In the case of most footballers, that answer would be a no.

Very much this ^^^^^^

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mmm, maybe there's been a mistake, and he's not actually Scottish after all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic achievement by AM. I'm not a massive tennis fan, but took the opportunity to watch the closing stages – unfortunately he then proceeded to lose two games in a row! But he pulled it off with some pretty decent grit and determination.

I echo the comments above regarding footballers and their unwillingness to play more than one game in a matter of days. Looking at the level of physical exertion tennis players put themselves through – and then going up against someone who in lots of cases is even bigger and stronger – puts some professional footballers to shame.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As a big tennis fan, I am hugely proud and quite amazed at his achievements, it's going to be a good xmas in the Murray household.

I only wish my late dad could have seen this, he was a tennis coach and would have loved it. Not ashamed to say that it brought a few tears to my eyes yesterday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

And you wonder why we're also fans at football, with the majority of pundits falling over themselves to make excuses for Wayne Rooney getting pissed in the week.

You either want to be the best and put in the hard yards to get there or you don't. Maybe it's not fair but that's how it is.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And you wonder why we're also fans at football, with the majority of pundits falling over themselves to make excuses for Wayne Rooney getting pissed in the week.

You either want to be the best and put in the hard yards to get there or you don't. Maybe it's not fair but that's how it is.

Also rans, not also fans. I mean we're probably also fans, what with this being a football forum and that.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
As a big tennis fan, I am hugely proud and quite amazed at his achievements, it's going to be a good xmas in the Murray household.

I only wish my late dad could have seen this, he was a tennis coach and would have loved it. Not ashamed to say that it brought a few tears to my eyes yesterday.

It was absolutely amazing, I loved the game yesterday :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic that Murray has cemented pole position by slamming Djokovic. Puts to bed, for this year at least, any suggestion that Murray's position is due to Djokovic's failings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here