Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy d'urso

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:)
the laws of our beautiful game

To be pedantic it should read RULES as the Laws of the game are different.

As to him performing better this time my sons reckon it was down to me telling him in an alcohol induced rage after the last game he was a disgrace and shouldnt be reffing. :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Absurd. Utterly absurd. Their players didn't "collide". Besides, if you break a leg you aren't coming back on. The 4th point is mute.

Those exceptions cover all aspects of treatment to players injured in play, not just the rule about players having to leave the pitch if a physio is called on.

Under the FIFA rules there should be no treatment given on the pitch at all. The physio should only come on to assess the injury and ensure the swift and safe removal of the player from the playing area so the game can restart. How often do we see that rule applied?

The 4th point covers a more serious injury, like a leg break, has to be treated on the pitch. (Besides which a Leicester City player once tried playing on against us at Withdean, he went down a few mins later and it turned out he'd broken his leg).

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
When a physio comes on to the pitch to treat a player(s), that player has to go off before the game is restarted. D'Urso didn't even get that right.

His performance was laughable, but we won 3-0 despite him. He isn't biased, he doesn't bear a grudge, there is nothing dishonest about him. He's just a dire referee.

This. SO many decisions (both ways) that he missed or just plain got wrong. He should not be refereeing at this level.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not disagreeing with that... except, if you are are brought down by an Albion player and you stand up and push that player to the ground, then you should be carded!

Although you could also argue that if you throw an Albion player like say jfc on the ground you should be carded in the same way an Albion player was for doing exactly the same thing to a Blackburn player :)

briref

Aug 12, 2008
So you thought he reffed it well and he was biased to us. How does that work in your expert opinion?

he got everything right in law and the big decisions correct

we had by far more of the so called 50/50 decisions

briref

Aug 12, 2008
To be pedantic it should read RULES as the Laws of the game are different.

As to him performing better this time my sons reckon it was down to me telling him in an alcohol induced rage after the last game he was a disgrace and shouldnt be reffing. :lolol:

fair point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here