Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy d'urso

booing him before kick off, disgraceful

we are quick to criticize refs when they have a bad game and don't give them the praise they deserve when it goes well for them

i thought yesterday was one of the better displays we have seen from a referee and probably the best d'urso has ever refereed so

:clap2:

Ever considered that the booing made him up his game from the off?

briref

Aug 12, 2008
When a physio comes on to the pitch to treat a player(s), that player has to go off before the game is restarted. D'Urso didn't even get that right.

His performance was laughable, but we won 3-0 despite him. He isn't biased, he doesn't bear a grudge, there is nothing dishonest about him. He's just a dire referee.

not correct - if two players from same team receive treatment together, neither have to leave the pitch

briref

Aug 12, 2008
yea i watch football a lot and seen d'urso referee plenty of games - not just at brighton.
and in my opinion he is one of the worst - i just thought yesterday he was very favorable towards us, maybe making amends for the past

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
booing him before kick off, disgraceful

Have you completely forgotten the blatant 'basketball' handball pen he missed against Derby?

He is a shocking referee.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Technically correct but common sense prevailed. The two players could have stood by the east stand, drop ball to Blackburn who hoof it down to Kusczcak and as the ball is in the air D'Urso waves the two players on. Having said that he is one of the most inconsistent referees who is in the 'look at me, I'm running this game' camp of refereeing.

Yesterday wasn't bad because there wasn't really anything for him to do.

Common sense means nothing, it is a really simple rule which he didn't obey and will have been marked down for.

Two of their players were injured at the same time. Both were treated. Should they have gone off?

Obviously, yes. If they have to go off after getting treatment then both who got treatment should have gone off. Simple as that. He couldn't even get that right.

not correct - if two players from same team receive treatment together, neither have to leave the pitch

Prove it. That smells to me. The rule is stupid and vacuous but it is there. If your suggestuon is true, then the rulemakers are thick as goalposts.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Common sense means nothing, it is a really simple rule which he didn't obey and will have been marked down for.

Obviously, yes. If they have to go off after getting treatment then both who got treatment should have gone off. Simple as that. He couldn't even get that right.

Prove it. That smells to me. The rule is stupid and vacuous but it is there. If your suggestuon is true, then the rulemakers are thick as goalposts.

"Exceptions to this ruling are to be made only when:
• a goalkeeper is injured
• a goalkeeper and an outfi eld player have collided and need immediate
attention
• players from the same team have collided and need immediate attention
• a severe injury has occurred, e.g. swallowed tongue, concussion, broken leg"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
attention

Absurd. Utterly absurd. Their players didn't "collide". Besides, if you break a leg you aren't coming back on. The 4th point is mute.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought he had a good game.
Did nothing that either side could complain about. Allowed play to flow when he could. Didnt book players uneccesarily which resulted in 11 v 11 where some jobsworths might have done otherwise.
I think some people are moaning about the person and not the performance. ???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
attention

Firstly I don't remember them colliding together my recollection was they got injured in the same passage of play but not simultaneously.

Secondly isn't it odd that the official laws of the game state an impossibility, apart from cutting it off and shoving it down your throat, you can not swallow your tongue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly I don't remember them colliding together my recollection was they got injured in the same passage of play but not simultaneously.

Secondly isn't it odd that the official laws of the game state an impossibility, apart from cutting it off and shoving it down your throat, you can not swallow your tongue.

Think they did!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I feared the worst when I saw he was Reffing, I was pleasantly surprised though and thought he had a reasonable game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here