Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy aka The Other One gofundme

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Whilst understanding your frustration, The Athletic have threatened me with copyright before and I’d rather avoid the same again.

You can…

1. Use reader mode in Safari on iPhone, iPad or Mac. Other browsers may have similar modes.

2. Check out a site such as archive.ph.
My profound apologies for putting you in an awkward position Bozza.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My profound apologies for putting you in an awkward position Bozza.
No need to apologise at all - I just need to be careful of copyright content, both text and images, being copy and pasted on here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Before we start to put the conversation to bed I thought I would post this. I wrote to the restaurant to thank them for their help. This is their response.

Good evening, thanks for the email. It makes me very happy.

I didn't do anything special, I assure you. I didn't behave like a special person, but a civil one I guess, in truth I just avoided being a coward.

The boys who came to me asking for help are all of us, they are our children, they were us as boys. What happened in Rome should never happen.

Maybe then I had a small debt to the English, as a boy I lived in London, a fantastic city that always welcomed me with open arms.

I send you greetings, go Brighton !go Roma!

And for sure after this , i will be also a Brighton & hove albion supporter

Riccardo Loreni

That just brought a little tear to my eye as it made me all emotional. “In truth I just avoided being a coward” is what did it. Big love to Riccardo

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Oooh - that could be good.

I'm not planning on buying anything big, but it will be several things that could have some bulk when together - I'm thinking go some Albion march and maybe a few Brighton souvenirs too.

I guess we could see if you can accommodate it and, if not, I can bundle it up and post it.
1710272165369.png

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I like that idea a lot!
Agreed. I also think it would be an idea to have a BHA shirt framed with Riccardo on it. If anyone has any sway with the Albion we could get some players to sign it. It’s just a mere thought. If more money is needed to fund a shirt just shout, I will cover. We get one go at this so, let’s make it befitting for someone who took the lads in at their time of need!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely there is enough cash for a framed shirt with his name on the back to hang in his restaurant?
As nice as it sounds, I'd already discounted this for a few reasons...

1. A framed shirt will be both heavy and fragile. Getting it there in one piece, by any means, would be expensive.
2. If you look at pictures of the restaurant on the website, it doesn't have the look of a place where a signed football shirt fits.
3. Given the vibe in Rome, a restauranteur may feel reluctant to display the football shirt of an English side.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually

1. A framed shirt will be both heavy and fragile. Getting it there in one piece, by any means, would be expensive.
2. If you look at pictures of the restaurant on the website, it doesn't have the look of a place where a signed football shirt fits.
3. Given the vibe in Rome, a restauranteur may feel reluctant to display the football shirt of an English side.
Not necessarily for it to be displayed in the restaurant???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I guess having a shirt on display, of the team that knocks Roma out 5-4, could be bad for business.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Then it has to be a poster of a seagull soaring and shitting over Rome.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A good a thread as any to say a pleasure to meet @jackalbion this afternoon and that this adventure has been the best ever. Such a shame it's over but there we are.
Little did Jack know, when we qualified for Europe, that his arse would become so famous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here