Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy aka The Other One gofundme

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Before we start to put the conversation to bed I thought I would post this. I wrote to the restaurant to thank them for their help. This is their response.

Good evening, thanks for the email. It makes me very happy.

I didn't do anything special, I assure you. I didn't behave like a special person, but a civil one I guess, in truth I just avoided being a coward.

The boys who came to me asking for help are all of us, they are our children, they were us as boys. What happened in Rome should never happen.

Maybe then I had a small debt to the English, as a boy I lived in London, a fantastic city that always welcomed me with open arms.

I send you greetings, go Brighton !go Roma!

And for sure after this , i will be also a Brighton & hove albion supporter

Riccardo Loreni
That's really lovely. :love:
Hopefully if he ever comes to Brighton we could all chuck in a little bit to get him tickets and a pie. 1901 for the food, then North Stand for the match. ;):ascarf:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thanks for sharing this @Bombardier.

We were mulling what we could send to thank Riccardo, but I think that clinches it. Some Albion merchandise such as a scarf etc would seem fitting given his email. We'll get it sorted.

I posted on the tweet machine thread as well but I'm going to Rome in 3 weeks. Appreciate we can send some gear via the post or whatever but I'm happy to take it - as long as it suitcase aircraftable - and hand it over and get a photo out of it if that sounds like a good idea.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I posted on the tweet machine thread as well but I'm going to Rome in 3 weeks. Appreciate we can send some gear via the post or whatever but I'm happy to take it - as long as it suitcase aircraftable - and hand it over and get a photo out of it if that sounds like a good idea.
Oooh - that could be good.

I'm not planning on buying anything big, but it will be several things that could have some bulk when together - I'm thinking go some Albion march and maybe a few Brighton souvenirs too.

I guess we could see if you can accommodate it and, if not, I can bundle it up and post it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Oooh - that could be good.

I'm not planning on buying anything big, but it will be several things that could have some bulk when together - I'm thinking go some Albion march and maybe a few Brighton souvenirs too.

I guess we could see if you can accommodate it and, if not, I can bundle it up and post it.
I've got one hold suitcase booked which is currently earmarked for my wife's shite. We will have a bit of room in it for sure. If size doesn't permit, I could ask my Airbnb if we could send it there and I could transport if over when I get there if a photo of our restauranteur with his merch is the main name of the game.

There's a plan there somewhere.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mean, you could do a 5* TripAdvisor review for him. He's currently rated about 258 or so of 9000+ restaurants in Rome.

Maybe we could get him into the top 50 :D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I mean, you could do a 5* TripAdvisor review for him. He's currently rated about 258 or so of 9000+ restaurants in Rome.

Maybe we could get him into the top 50 :D
TripAdvisor AI and algos will almost certainly pick up a spike in positive reviews…………will do him more harm than good.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
TripAdvisor AI and algos will almost certainly pick up a spike in positive reviews…………will do him more harm than good.
Employed a new chef? Changed the menu? Cleaned the toilets? Offered special meal deals? Put a Seagulls poster on the wall?
There's plenty of valid reasons for a spike in good reviews. What would the AI do? Genuinely interested.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Employed a new chef? Changed the menu? Cleaned the toilets? Offered special meal deals? Put a Seagulls poster on the wall?
There's plenty of valid reasons for a spike in good reviews. What would the AI do? Genuinely interested.
The TripAdvisor algo will "know" how often a place tends to receive reviews as well as the average score.

When there's a sudden influx of reviews that far exceeds the normal frequency for a place, and when those reviews are either all highly positive or highly negative, TI's algo will likely exclude them from its calculations and ratings etc - it's just too obvious.

And, possibly, as @dazzer6666 says, it could actually penalise a place that is suspected of attempting to manipulate rankings.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The TripAdvisor algo will "know" how often a place tends to receive reviews as well as the average score.

When there's a sudden influx of reviews that far exceeds the normal frequency for a place, and when those reviews are either all highly positive or highly negative, TI's algo will likely exclude them from its calculations and ratings etc - it's just too obvious.

And, possibly, as @dazzer6666 says, it could actually penalise a place that is suspected of attempting to manipulate rankings.
...and looking at his recent reviews - they're all by people who have left very few previous reviews, with many leaving their very first TI review.

It's a very simple attempted manipulation that TI will be well versed with countering.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
...and looking at his recent reviews - they're all by people who have left very few previous reviews, with many leaving their very first TI review.

It's a very simple attempted manipulation that TI will be well versed with countering.
Exactly - suspect TI also tracks IP location, so a sudden influx of reviews from 'Southern England' will be picked up. They will be doing everything you state - they have to, to maintain the integrity of the platform.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly - suspect TI also tracks IP location, so a sudden influx of reviews from 'Southern England' will be picked up. They will be doing everything you state - they have to, to maintain the integrity of the platform.
They can’t prove it wasn’t the favourite eatery for Albion fans.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any chance of copy/pasting tge article as I don’t subscribe and it kicks me out if the articl?
Whilst understanding your frustration, The Athletic have threatened me with copyright before and I’d rather avoid the same again.

You can…

1. Use reader mode in Safari on iPhone, iPad or Mac. Other browsers may have similar modes.

2. Check out a site such as archive.ph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here