Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android or IPhone

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I do notice that my Iphone 4s is shockingly slow when it comes to internet especially on 3g it is practically zero.
As for connecting at the Amex total farce you just cant because 3g is being overwhelmed with useage
and there is no Wi Fi for Iphone only Android which is another reason why im seeing if it would suit me better.
The camera is awesome on it really good. I looked at my mates phone yesterday its touch screen movement is just as fluid
as the iphone too, much better than an HTC as well, awful phones those.
Although i upgraded my Iphone software to IOS7 its an 4s phone and I don't believe IOS7 is completely compatible with 4s.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Unfortunately, most Apple phone screens will break without the need for smashing it on the bar. I have lost count of friends and workmates who seem to have a permanently chipped or shattered screen. One lady friend broke three screens in about a year, the third time she had invested in a nice cover which should have prevented it but it didn't. Had an HTC for 3 years and other than the odd glitch/internet connection problem all has been fine.

The majority of people I know with an iPhone have had a cracked screen. That's right - over half. Ridiculous.

Clearly the iPhone is a decent piece of equipment if you look after it - but for the price I find it completely unjustifiable. I have a Nexus 4 and it does everything I need for a fraction of the price.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I had a HTC phone for work and I bought my daughter a second hand IPhone 3gs. I could not believe how much nicer to use the IPhone was, even though it was not the latest. I now have my own IPhone 5c and put the work sim in it. Its great.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
2 days?

30 minutes?

The last time I swapped out my iPhone I was up and running with a new iPhone which perfectly replicated my old one in no more than 10 minutes by simply logging in with my Apple account and requesting to restore from my most recent iCloud backup.

Exactly this, I had a new iphone 5s delivered at 9:30 this morning and by 10:00 I had it running exactly the same as my iphone 5 it was replacing and that includes swapping the umber onto a new 4G sim and then restoring from my icloud backup.

All contacts, calendars etc present and correct. Only thing I had to do was then setup my touch id fingerprints which I have to say works amazingly well.

Very happy with my new phone.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone that is 100% happy with thier techno gadgets simply isn't using them enough. I refuse to believe anything is rage proof.

I want to smash my wifes Iphone because it wont update and I can't back it up and the lack of SD slot

I want to smash my samsung tablet / phone up when Seagulls player fails to load again. And Autocorrect.

I want to smash my work laptop up because i grow a beard whilst it boots up. Either that or it depletes the battery because it fails to recognise thier is no leccy plugged in it and it continues with its business in 'Brightest star in the sky' mode

I want to smash my digital radio up when the reception dips in and out XFM sounds like it is being playing via a bath.

I want to break into tiny pieces the USB port on my BMW which tells me any media I put in is 'not supported in this format'

I don't need to smash my work Nokia up because it has broke all by itself.

Believe it or not, I'm quite a calm bloke generally. Only technology and broken biscuits drive me to this rage.

That's hilarious, love it!

Not a fan boy. But I will champion something which I feel is quality and provides value for money. Apple generally do.

I just do not come across people who have a 'bad' experience. I genuinely do not. I have had issues myself but they have all been resolved with minimal fuss by the Apple store. Things do go wrong, obviously, but nothing I'd ever classify as a bad. And Notters highlighted some specific issues which I have never experienced in 7 years of having an iPhone.

Fair enough, but amazing nonetheless.

I had a HTC phone for work and I bought my daughter a second hand IPhone 3gs. I could not believe how much nicer to use the IPhone was, even though it was not the latest. I now have my own IPhone 5c and put the work sim in it. Its great.

IPhone are ALL top end products. I'd be surprised if your daughter's HTC was a high end model. If it was something like a HTC one then fair enough. If not then it's an unfair comparison as Apple products are specifically marketed whilst android phones are £100 budget models to £500 Apple competitors.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
That's hilarious, love it!

Fair enough, but amazing nonetheless.

IPhone are ALL top end products. I'd be surprised if your daughter's HTC was a high end model. If it was something like a HTC one then fair enough. If not then it's an unfair comparison as Apple products are specifically marketed whilst android phones are £100 budget models to £500 Apple competitors.

True! But the second hand IPhone 3gs cost me £65 and was a lot cheaper then the HTC, so given the choice of a second hand IPhone or a new HTC, I would choose a second hand IPhone. The IPhone I bought was from a company that refurb them and came with a small warranty I know it was not new and had a few cosmetic issues but it is much nicer to live with.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True! But the second hand IPhone 3gs cost me £65 and was a lot cheaper then the HTC, so given the choice of a second hand IPhone or a new HTC, I would choose a second hand IPhone. The IPhone I bought was from a company that refurb them and came with a small warranty I know it was not new and had a few cosmetic issues but it is much nicer to live with.

A fair point. I'd rather a decent second hand product than a lousy new one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here