Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if he called the referee "Mr Magoo" for failing to observe blatant handball by a Wednesday player ? Was this a few minutes after LuaLua had been fouled down the other end and the ref missed that too ?

Depends on if you mean the incident just inside their half where the wednesday player made a great challenge, then lualua threw himself to the floor and laid for a few minutes while the remaining 9 men tried to defend the counter attack.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depends on if you mean the incident just inside their half where the wednesday player made a great challenge, then lualua threw himself to the floor and laid for a few minutes while the remaining 9 men tried to defend the counter attack.

No , he was a couple of yards outside the 18 yard box.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the old days players like Jimmy Case would have just been given a telling off by the ref and told he'd be booked if he did it again before the match ended.

....and in even earlier times, like when big John Napier, Nobbie Lawton and Alex Dawson were around, it would just have been shrugged off as "just letting the other player know he was there!" Oh those glorious Saturday afternoons at the Goldstone! Oh well, times change........

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I sit in the west lower and in my opinion it was never a red card. It looks worse on TV so I can understand the reaction but fans who sit in the North saying it was a definite red? No way you could tell from there.

Erm I was in the north and said immediately he's gone. High, late and dangerous, nailed on red. Looks just as bad on replays I have seen since.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On what grounds does he appeal?

We could of had three sent off.

The ball was off the ground, he didn't jump, he was in control, just late. I think it was a yellow.

Not a ground for defence, but it was similar to the Sheff Wed no 9 challenge, it's just that our players and bench didn't make as big a fuss.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The ball was off the ground, he didn't jump, he was in control, just late. I think it was a yellow.

Not a ground for defence, but it was similar to the Sheff Wed no 9 challenge, it's just that our players and bench didn't make as big a fuss.

Would never be overturned.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've changed my mind after watching the replay.

Very bad tackle and very uncontrolled which was why it looked so bad.

Red for me too I'm afraid.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Studs up over the ball late into a standing leg is never anything but a straight red :lol:

Didn't go over the ball though, it was there to be won. Crofts was late nothing else, no intent, not reckless, yellow. :lol:

As above, it wont be overturned, but that doesn't mean the ref got it right in the first place. The only mistake Crofts made was giving the ref an opportunity to make a decision, a month on and he would have probably won the ball with the same tackle as he will be half a second sharper.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I am struggling to see why so many people thought we were poor today. Compared to the laborious build up and sideways passing of last season today was a breath of fresh air

We created one decent chance all game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here