Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They where good saves and very important, but they weren't great saves. They were bread and butter 25 yard attempts on goal, meaning the defense did a great job.

Not all of them were routine saves; at least one was top drawer.

Ok that would have made it 3-1 if he missed.

Nonsense. It doesn't work like that. He made a superb reflex save to tip Spurr's header over the bar, in first half injury time. Going into HT at 1-1 rather than 1-0 up, would have thrown the final result completely up for grabs.

Stumpy Tim

Nonsense. It doesn't work like that. He made a superb reflex save to tip Spurr's header over the bar, in first half injury time. Going into HT at 1-1 rather than 1-0 up, would have thrown the final result completely up for grabs.

Doesn't change the fact that Upson is quality, and to say he needs to be dropped is bordering on the ridiculous

Dec 29, 2011
Ok that would have made it 3-1 if he missed.

I think you missed my point a little, northstandsteve said the less goals we conceed = Upson is playing better. On that basis I was saying if we conceded lots due to poor goalkeeping would that make Upson's performances worse? Of course not, so we can't judge his defending by the clean sheets either.

Also the point made by HKFC is valid, one goal doesn't just 'add on' at the end, it changes the dynamics of the match.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

If he had not have saved the one you mentioned, from the position he was in, it would have been a goal keeping error.

Credit to him for being in the right position for it, and I'm not taking anything away from him, it was more the point that the defense, even when looking shaky, restricted them to only having shots from outside the area.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you missed my point a little, northstandsteve said the less goals we conceed = Upson is playing better. On that basis I was saying if we conceded lots due to poor goalkeeping would that make Upson's performances worse? Of course not, so we can't judge his defending by the clean sheets either.

Also the point made by HKFC is valid, one goal doesn't just 'add on' at the end, it changes the dynamics of the match.

Yep I probably did miss the original point.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
i cant see a man of barcelona going for a strong-slow-solid-big-tackling-zero-flair-workhorse to boss the middle of the park.

squad player....no more....save for winter away games.

Sorry but based on his performances since rejoining us I cannot see Crofts having much impact on the first team, only possibly on the bench or in unimportant cup games

I think, sadly, you may be correct.

Sozza

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Another storming game from Crofts...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
i cant see a man of barcelona going for a strong-slow-solid-big-tackling-zero-flair-workhorse to boss the middle of the park.

Great bump, emphasises the quality of your opinions

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wish i had croaked on more about Crofts on here before as it seems as though i am jumping on the bandwagon, but I have always rated Crofts I was very disappointed to see him go and very pleased to see him return.
I was at his debut at Exeter when he popped up for the last minute winner, he is my favourite type of player, one that from midfield seems to be able to be at the right place at the right time to score the important late winner when we do not look like scoring, every side needs one of them, we have a very good one.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Not just found his Mojo, he's found me another £90 profit for my tenner. Bet 365 will learn one day (not yet I hope) 9/1 to score at ANYTIME !!!! Sadly he can't squeeze in two in one game 100/1 price for that today. But mustn't be greedy.

Hes always seriously over-priced, given his scoring record this season. 26-1 first goal/last goal today. Thats 52 quid for my pound on both. :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You're really not very good at identifying useful players are you? :lolol:

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
13/1 anytime at 888sport, that's me £130 better off. My gut reaction was that he had scored but it took ages for him to be confirmed as the player at the bottom of the 7 man pile-on!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here