Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi - what a gent (and a beautiful man)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm going to refuse to update my squads on Fifa 14 now. If I don't update, he'll stay at the club. It's so simple!

:down:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What. A. Legend.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
+1 for being gutted.

It's easy to be cynical, players get labelled sick note, lazy, mercenary etc. I think it's easy to forget that they are normal people with families and they too find it frustrating when they are injured. IMO that leaving message is dignified and shows a genuine fondness for the club and the city.

He's clearly an incredibly talented footballer, the 2012/13 season showed what he can do. His goals and assists were invaluable.

Considering that and also that he's back playing, I'm really surprised that the club haven't offered him something.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
+1 for being gutted.

It's easy to be cynical, players get labelled sick note, lazy, mercenary etc. I think it's easy to forget that they are normal people with families and they too find it frustrating when they are injured. IMO that leaving message is dignified and shows a genuine fondness for the club and the city.

He's clearly an incredibly talented footballer, the 2012/13 season showed what he can do. His goals and assists were invaluable.

Considering that and also that he's back playing, I'm really surprised that the club haven't offered him something.

Club needs to get him of the injury prone players.

Can't afford a player on like £12k a week who barely plays.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Bit confused by "admitted his disappointment in leaving first English club" ... His first English club was Swansea?

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
The one player, out of all those whose contracts were up, I was desperate to see get another year. Fav player of the Amex era and properly gutted to see him go. Fingers crossed for a second coming (him not me).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bit confused by "admitted his disappointment in leaving first English club" ... His first English club was Swansea?

I suppose they're a Welsh club, albeit they play in the English league.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who is supposed to be Calde's assistant local legend now? image.jpg

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Club needs to get him of the injury prone players.

Can't afford a player on like £12k a week who barely plays.

I just posted this in another thread.

1st season
38 appearances, 7 goals, 11 assists.

2nd season
20 appearances

As a comparison, Calde over the last two seasons made 66 appearances... Not many more than Orlandi.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1st season

2nd season
20 appearances

As a comparison, Calde over the last two seasons made 66 appearances... Not many more than Orlandi.

How many more times was Calde available but not needed, or there as an unused sub? What are their respective wages? Like we keep saying, it's all about value.

Great bloke. Great player, but increasingly, an expensive luxury.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very sad to see him go, he will always be remembered for that goal against Newcastle, sheer class.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

1st season

2nd season
20 appearances

74 games in 5 seasons for Swansea, like Hoskins, he had previous.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Hopefully we can find some cash in the budget and resign him, a wonderfully gifted player with a great attitude on and off the pitch. Such a sad day :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here