Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi - what a gent (and a beautiful man)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonderfully creative player and a touching well thought out message. Such a shame he wasn't able to stay injury free. Good luck Andrea!

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
He's okay, but no Dean WIlkins

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
6y9erahu.jpg

Great goal! The real Orlandi.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
A gentleman off the pitch and elegant on it. He was a joy to behold last season. A shame injury ruined this one for him - if it hadn't he'd still be here.

Probably my favourite player of the Amex era

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What a dreamboat. Not in a long while have we had a player as articulate, humble, intelligent and DREAMY. I would have liked to have seen us gamble on him tbh.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
Shame, Orlandi's a great player just didnt show his full potential after the injury. great guy too, met him down Hove lawns, gave us a couple of high fives aha.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With the departures of Orlandi, Hoskins and Sexy Pete, we are a bit lacking in the eye candy department at present. :down:

As tasty as Hoskins and Pete undoubtably are, Orlandi is in a league of his own. In dealing with this retained list we've gone from being Premier League Ready with our talent quota to being League One relegation candidates at best. I just hope that Bloom and co. are going to bear that in mind when bringing new blood in - we don't just want talented players, we want talent combined with looks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sat with him at the player kit sponsor meal, and he was funny, articulate, passionate, indiscreet and an all round wonderful human being.

The TRAGEDY is that he is getting married this summer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When the news broke that we had released him I was a bit gutted - he's stuggled with form and fitness this season and I had hoped we would offer him a new deal - we saw in 12/13 how important he was to the team and he was one of the first on the teamsheet when fit.

I can see why we have as we cannot afford to pay players who aren't reliable on the injury front, but it still sucks. Cheers Andrea - great player and a gent too. Always seemed eloquent and intelligent whenever he spoke. He'll be an asset to his next club.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
An absolutely brilliant bloke and a fantastic player.

All clubs make some mistakes, but not giving Andrea another year, or at least 6 months, is one of our bigger ones I think.

A rest over the summer and the guy could be back to his best.

I would have loved to see him stay for a few seasons, end his career here, and join the coaching staff, he really is that good, and could have been a huge asset to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here