Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Santos

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I was told before hand that he was poor, my god he really did not disappoint must have pictures of Wenger in provocative poses, how does he get in a premiership team?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Buckley v Santos tussle was right in front of us in the wsl all first half and Santos pretty much had Buckley in his pocket bar one or two efforts.

He actually looked very good when tackling but dont let that stop people blindly jumping on a bandwagon....

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Buckley v Santos tussle was right in front of us in the wsl all first half and Santos pretty much had Buckley in his pocket bar one or two efforts.

He actually looked very good when tackling but dont let that stop people blindly jumping on a bandwagon....

A bandwagon started by Arsenal fans. Have a look at their forum to see their thoughts on his performance today. He is a truly awful player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Lucky win, well played Brighton. Never, ever, want to see Santos play for us again. #Arsenal

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It was the worst performance I've ever seen by a player at the Amex, since its opening in 2011. He really, really couldn't be arsed to do the basics.

Unfortunately for us Buckley had an off day today and wasn't able to take advantage.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I thought it was a fairly even battle but I take your point and agree with it. He's probably not good enough for a side that usually features in the Champions League, but lets not pretend he wouldn't walk into our side.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was the worst performance I've ever seen by a player at the Amex, since its opening in 2011. He really, really couldn't be arsed to do the basics.

Unfortunately for us Buckley had an off day today and wasn't able to take advantage.
Yeah, that'll be it. The reason Buckley didn't ruin the Champions League Brazilian Arsenal defender is because he had an off day. FFS. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was a fairly even battle but I take your point and agree with it. He's probably not good enough for a side that usually features in the Champions League, but lets not pretend he wouldn't walk into our side.

I'd be absolutely furious with Gus if he signed Santos for £6m. He wouldn't get near our side on today's performance, or according to most Arsenal fans, any of his performances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, that'll be it. The reason Buckley didn't ruin the Champions League Brazilian Arsenal defender is because he had an off day. FFS. :lolol:

Santos was AWFUL. 95% of the people here and at the game can see that. I love that, he's BRAZILIAN so he must be good. Did you get into football yesterday?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From the Guardian report for the game:

"André Santos, the Premier League's most notable "false three", continued at left-back against opposition that would target him mercilessly throughout another uncomfortable afternoon."

And:

"Buckley, who by this stage had Santos pretty much dangling from his back pocket each time he gambolled down the right touchline, forced a corner that was taken short."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Massive cheer went up from Arsenal fans when he went off
All around us in H block wsu were laughing how bad he was

Same round my area (lower down this time), really funny performance.

Got to be a contender for worst Brazilian player of all time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From the Guardian report for the game:

"André Santos, the Premier League's most notable "false three", continued at left-back against opposition that would target him mercilessly throughout another uncomfortable afternoon."

And:

"Buckley, who by this stage had Santos pretty much dangling from his back pocket each time he gambolled down the right touchline, forced a corner that was taken short."

Haha "false three" that is spot on! And genius.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Santos was AWFUL. 95% of the people here and at the game can see that. I love that, he's BRAZILIAN so he must be good. Did you get into football yesterday?
So AWFUL that one of our players of the season didn't have the beating of him.

No, I didn't "get into football yesterday". I just happen to disagree with you. Are you 12 years old?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Phil McNulty, the BBC sports writer tweeted several times how bad Santos was. I think I would give his opinion more weight then a handful of posters here who think Santos had a decent game!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Part of the dead wood that is scuppering Arsenal's chances of ever winning trophies until they get rid of the likes of Andre Santos, Andrey Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner, Sebastien Squillaci and Marouane Chamakh, who are on massive wages for performing dreadfully or having attitude problems.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So AWFUL that one of our players of the season didn't have the beating of him.

No, I didn't "get into football yesterday". I just happen to disagree with you. Are you 12 years old?

Buckley got the better of him quite a bit.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Got a good look at Santos in the 2nd half & he was pony!! Definetley the weakest link in that Arsenal team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here