Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Santos

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Santos was very poor, but we never really exploited it. An on form and fit Buckley or lualua would have destroyed him. luckily for the gooners neither had a good game.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought it was a fairly even battle but I take your point and agree with it. He's probably not good enough for a side that usually features in the Champions League, but lets not pretend he wouldn't walk into our side.

Ahead of Bridge? Are you mental?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A bandwagon started by Arsenal fans. Have a look at their forum to see their thoughts on his performance today. He is a truly awful player.

And if you read this forum often enough then you would think Barnes was a shit player

Don't know which game your were watching, Buckley had the beating of him almost every time and if his crosses were a bit better we would have scored 2 or 3.

Buckley got the better of him quite a bit.

The only times we had the beating of him was when we were playing one twos. I can't remember he getting around the outside of him once.Virtually every single time that Buckley took him on, he was successfully tackled.

I don't know where all those that think otherwise sit but we had a perfect view from block c of wsu.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apart from once when Buckley cut inside and shot with his left foot I don't recall Buckley getting past him. Was tackled comfortably 4 or 5 times.

This! WTF was everyone else watching today? Santos had a good game. Hes usually not very good but today he wasnt that bad!

The Buckley v Santos tussle was right in front of us in the wsl all first half and Santos pretty much had Buckley in his pocket bar one or two efforts.

He actually looked very good when tackling but dont let that stop people blindly jumping on a bandwagon....

drew; said:
The only times we had the beating of him was when we were playing one twos. I can't remember he getting around the outside of him once.Virtually every single time that Buckley took him on, he was successfully tackled.

I don't know where all those that think otherwise sit but we had a perfect view from block c of wsu.

what about Johnathon Northcroft, the football correspondent of the Sundat Times? Is he merely jumping on a band-wagon, when he awards Santos a rating of 2 (yes, that's TWO)...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
what about Johnathon Northcroft, the football correspondent of the Sundat Times? Is he merely jumping on a band-wagon, when he awards Santos a rating of 2 (yes, that's TWO)...

Phil McNulty (Chief football writer from the BBC) "And for all Arsenal's defensive uncertainty - typified by another nightmarish contribution from Andre Santos"

I presume he is on the bandwagon as well.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Watch the extended highlights when they're up then and count how many time Buckley got past Santos.

I'm not disputing that Santos had a shocking game, just that he clearly had the better of Buckley!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I do wonder whether if you had never read the Santos is rubbish stuff whether he would be a player to pick on. His shooting was woeful, but in the first half he made some proper defensive tackles on Buckley, winning the ball and retaining possession. It was the far side from us - but Santos looked he had the better of Buckley. In the second half I don't think he looked so poor either. The Arsenal fans were waiting to have a go at him, and it looks like a lot of the press were as well. It may be he is not up to the job - but you could not base that on yesterday.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
On The Tuesdau Club they always talk about how bad he is. Saw what they meant today. A laughable, Harding-esque performance. Woeful, woeful footballer.

Who Buckley didnt get by for 45 mins. I know he isn't liked at all by gunners fans, but I don't really see what he did so badly wrong yesterday apart from 2 skyers on goal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The Buckley v Santos tussle was right in front of us in the wsl all first half and Santos pretty much had Buckley in his pocket bar one or two efforts.

He actually looked very good when tackling but dont let that stop people blindly jumping on a bandwagon....

This with bells on..... What the heck were others watching.... Rose tinted brigade I expect

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
A bandwagon started by Arsenal fans. Have a look at their forum to see their thoughts on his performance today. He is a truly awful player.

But we are going by his performance yesterday which wasn't too bad at all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Apart from once when Buckley cut inside and shot with his left foot I don't recall Buckley getting past him. Was tackled comfortably 4 or 5 times.

I thought that as well. A bit overloaded as when Calderon came up to support Buckley Arsenal were in trouble. About as average as Santon. Reminded me of Samson. I expect Buckley would have had more joy against Gibbs as Lopez did. Wenger's correct decision to play a more defensive full back, leaving the other one on the subs bench for later.

Buckley was getting the hang of Santos before he got injured.

Santos could not get past Bridcutt though. Trouble is (a good thing) when Santos won the ball he had no one to pass to easily.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had no per-conceived ideas as I take little notice of premier league players, but Santos was one of the players I thought had a shocker. The other one was Jenkinson.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Buckley didn't exactly get the better of him. He didn't stand out as awful to me yesterday.

Shame Sagna wasn't playing - the definition of gash.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Other than ardent of wenger-tinted loyalists, most Arsenal fans cannot stand:

Arshavin, Santos, and many others in the squad.

Arsenal fans websites reveal than their squad players on are on massive pay compared to their abilities in a range of £40k to £80k per week. Mostly panic buys at the end of each transfer window, as they lose yet another player to Manchester or Barca.

Santos cannot defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here