Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andre Ayew

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Basically saying no to Agnew in the Argus now

That's a relief.

Any word on when Super Mario will be holding up the shirt?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Im not looking for an argument but your Ayew stats sounds like Ali J before we signed him which may go against signing him

I don’t think we’d be getting anything better than what we’ve got

No, basically no similarities.

I dont think so either, but same goes for the other Championship strikers.

Not being harsh, and I’m sure the lad is a decent player. But he’s 30. In the Championship. His career is on the downwards trajectory.

I would say no personally, unless he was exceptionally good value.

I agree, I dont really want this signing either, would just prefer him over the other players often mentioned (King, Welbeck and Deeney). Welbeck is soon 30, dependent on his pace and very injury prone, Deeney looked really past it last year and King is just.. I dont know, I dont see it.

Anyway, probably wont matter as I think the chance of someone actually signing is like 1%.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking at how well so many of the England U21s and U20s have moved up to full international level, there is no reason why this guy cannot raise his game for the PL.

Would rather see him get his chance until January before we commit to shedloads of Tony's cash again.

Agreed. Potter has a few weeks to look at hime before the next transfer window - I guess we’re taking a calculated risk that we’ll be ok with what we have for a dozen games (including Andi). If he’s deemed ready he stays, if not he’ll be out on a half-season loan in Jan. By that time, we potentially have Andone back as well so may not even need to spend.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Welbeck is soon 30, dependent on his pace and very injury prone, Deeney looked really past it last year and King is just..

........contrary to everything Barber said about the transfer policy on Tuesday night.

1. Would cost £15m+
2. Salary would be enormous (£70k+)
3. 4 year deal with little or no re-sale value once his contract starts drawing to a close, could cost us £30m in total.
4. Would probably mean we’d have to drop our interest in Nunez type Strikers such as Edouard whose value could double or triple if we brought them into the Premier League.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So Connolly and Ali J both doubts for the weekend leaving us with ONE striker and an under 23 that's only ever played at league one level.

Not to bang on about it. But surely unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
....not at 90k a week though. We’re more likely to chuck Zeqiri in at the deep end

Well, yes.

But Ayew isn't going to be earning £90k/week unless he's still at Swansea and they're trying their hardest to find an exit route for him.

That's not to say he's going to be holding up an Albion shirt tomorrow with a cheesy grin, but we're I'd suggest we're working hard to get another striker in, and rightly so.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Couldn't see him beimg able to get to grips with Potterball. Not that kind of player.

Me too.

Seems like he doesn’t do quick progressive one touch football but is fast, strong, powerful and knows where the onion bag is.

Great fit for West Brom.

Jimmy Grimble

So Connolly and Ali J both doubts for the weekend leaving us with ONE striker and an under 23 that's only ever played at league one level.

Not to bang on about it. But surely unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Where’s the Connolly info from?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Released by Swansea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup... was always going to happen. Their best player but on £80k a week, something they definitely can not afford.

Well if he is looking for a contract somewhere else l very mush doubt it will be on anything like that money. Probably too old now, but we did supposedly show an interest in him last year I wonder if he might be a wild card?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Well if he is looking for a contract somewhere else l very mush doubt it will be on anything like that money. Probably too old now, but we did supposedly show an interest in him last year I wonder if he might be a wild card?

On a free transfer and £60-£70k a week, worth a two year contract in my opinion even if there is little or no resale value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here