Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andre Ayew

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Saw something on social media that we're looking at getting him in from Swansea......30 years old, 5'9" winger......do we need him ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, and we won't be getting him.

I know how trustworthy social media is normally though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its a class player. Seems a lot more mature than his brother as well: when Potter arrived at Swansea, Jordan Ayew refused to train in order to force a move away. Andre was out on loan that season, but since he returned last summer he's been great, despite going from making lots of CL appearances in big clubs over his year to fighting for this young Swansea side. Great player, great attitude. I pick him over the other Championship options every day of the week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Ayew’s school team must have been good.

For sure. Jordan and Andre have a third brother (Ibrahim) who himself has 7 Ghana caps.

(They’d have been good in the lads and Dads game too - their father is Abidé Pele...)

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
No nearly as bad as his brother who does nothing for Palace.

Apparently, on hearing this gossip, Tony Towner was quite upset at not being considered in front of Ayew 😂

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Not clicking a link to the sun. How the hell can this bloke be on that much? Swansea were relegated 2 years ago, do they not have relegation clauses? I assumed since Pompey went bust these clauses had become common place. Staggering IF true.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No way should we cover all of his wages but he’s a good player. We only have two strikers which imho is not enough. My Swansea friends say they’re amazed he’s still with them. We could do worse.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
2 plus 2 equals 5 again from the work-experience kids told to make up transfer rumours.

Brighton don't seem to have as many forwards as some other clubs, therefore they absolutely must be desperate to sign some before the transfer window closes (whatever Graham Potter has actually said). So who might they want? Ooh - Potter was at Swansea so obviously he'll want one of his former players from there (even though he didn't try to get them in either of the two previous windows).

Or maybe Danny Welbeck. Or Troy Deeney. Or ...

And so it goes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not clicking a link to the sun. How the hell can this bloke be on that much? Swansea were relegated 2 years ago, do they not have relegation clauses? I assumed since Pompey went bust these clauses had become common place. Staggering IF true.

They did not have relegation clauses which indeed hurt them badly. Ayew is the only one left on a PL contract though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
2 plus 2 equals 5 again from the work-experience kids told to make up transfer rumours.

Brighton don't seem to have as many forwards as some other clubs, therefore they absolutely must be desperate to sign some before the transfer window closes (whatever Graham Potter has actually said). So who might they want? Ooh - Potter was at Swansea so obviously he'll want one of his former players from there (even though he didn't try to get them in either of the two previous windows).

Or maybe Danny Welbeck. Or Troy Deeney. Or ...

And so it goes.

I agree it's probably made up nonsense and they've also probably not even realised that as Swansman pointed out, he didn't actually play for Potter.

But, he is actually a decent player and I'd be happy if we did sign him (if we can afford him!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here