Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andorra 1-0 Wales

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Andorra stunned by plucky Wales!

Coleman has 'job for life'.

Seriously though, good to see the results for Iceland and Cyprus this evening. How Wales have managed to piss away some of the talented players they've had over the years is beyond me though.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Is it safe to make a sliding tackle on?

Erm, it's a lot better than astro turf, but a bit worse than wet grass. The worse one is if you cut your knee or somewhere sliding on it (which can happen), then you get the crumb inside the actual cut, it's horrible...I've had many showers washing rubber crumb out a cut knee that never healed because I took the scab off every week when I played football!

Kinky Gerbils is right they play American Football and Rugby on...again they're alright to play on the 3G and slide, but it isn't quite as nice as grass. But for the benefits 3G/4G pitches have, they're so much better than grass pitches overall (as you can play on them whenever in any weather, all time throughout the day, unlike grass you would ruin). However one off grass obviously trumps it.

Think lower league football (conference) should be able to use the pitches as they could also rent them out to the local area for extra income and won't ruin the pitch really. However then you get the issues of promotion etc and pitches. Anyways yeah back to the original point, still not hugely keen on sliding on 3G.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why are Andorra allowed to play on such a surface in international football, but Maidstone United would not be accepted into the Conference if they got promoted, on the grounds that they have a similar artificial surface?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here