Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I've just read that Eden Hazard has gone 365 days without scoring.

Despite being probably the best player to have ever played at the Amex.

Now playing for the biggest football club in the world.

Having cost them £100m.

He hasn't scored for a whole year and is being hounded by the Spanish press.

It just goes to show that football transfers are not an exact science, even when they look nailed on, and perhaps we should cut our club some slack when things don't pan out.

(Maybe I should have added this to the Locadia thread?)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, so EVERY signing is a risk, so what? We still have to take this risk and sign a striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In other words, he won’t be fit to loan or sell in January so we may as well bring him in from the cold and talk about him as a first team option.

Didn’t think of it like that. But if he’s not fit till Feb, you could be right as there’s no shifting him then anyway. But sounds like Ashworth is saying he is the clubs plans?

I for one will be delighted to see a second chance Andone marauding around the pitch in an Albion shirt.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Didn’t think of it like that. But if he’s not fit till Feb, you could be right as there’s no shifting him then anyway. But sounds like Ashworth is saying he is the clubs plans?

I for one will be delighted to see a second chance Andone marauding around the pitch in an Albion shirt.

We may need him, or the club may be posting on NSC for some of the REMF team to polish their boots. Be afraid. :lolol:

Last edited:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I admired Andone's spirit, although his nuttiness definatly needed tempering. I think GP might be the man to turn him round, if he put aside some time.
Him and Maupay together, in harmony, would be the nightmare I'd like to see imposed on the Pl defences.
I have to think that GP may have written him off, though.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I think the constantly scowling Trossard is a candidate for delivering a stabbing in the tunnel at half time. Does he make the list?

I got the impression he was both physically and mentally overawed with the PL, at first. His progress in both senses is exciting....looking at him I reckoned he'd put on nearly a stone of buff, and he is taking it to any defence now. I think we might have trouble keeping him in the next couple of seasons, if he keeps improving at this rate.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I admired Andone's spirit, although his nuttiness definatly needed tempering. I think GP might be the man to turn him round, if he put aside some time.
Him and Maupay together, in harmony, would be the nightmare I'd like to see imposed on the Pl defences.
I have to think that GP may have written him off, though.

You do wonder, GP had only been here a few weeks so either he makes very quick decisions on people, or maybe he hasn't ?

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
You do wonder, GP had only been here a few weeks so either he makes very quick decisions on people, or maybe he hasn't ?

I felt at the time that it was probably the player testing the new manager too publicly, and then being shown the door as an example to the whole squad.
I just know that there was more than a little testiness abroad.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Depends on what 'issues' Andone had, if any. GWENDOZY showed a level of ****wittery that convinced Arteta to immediately jettison him after the Amex. Potter appeared to take a similar route after the Saints game although there was no suggestion that Andone was mouthing off like Sideshow Bob did, rather that Andone was just too far up the headcase scale. If it's a temperament/personality issue then perhaps GP can work with the player to rein those tendencies in?:shrug:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can't see anyway back for him personally. Potter let him go when the only option he had was Murray who clearly wasn't in his plans. He choose to go through last season light rather than keep Andone. Given Andone's comments in the press since hard to see what has changed...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can't see anyway back for him personally. Potter let him go when the only option he had was Murray who clearly wasn't in his plans. He choose to go through last season light rather than keep Andone. Given Andone's comments in the press since hard to see what has changed...

Did you read Ashworths comments in the linked article that just re bounced this thread? That’s what’s changed!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can you honestly see him here start of next season?

Yes.

Is he good enough? Yes.

But it will depend entirely on Andones attitude once he returns. If he’s changed and accepts he plays when he’s told and not as he demands (passes the no dickheads policy after some time to reflect) then yes.

If he was being a dick before and a disruptive one too, kicking him out made sense. And no doubt if there is any of that crap again, he’ll be off.

But it’s a new changing room now, Murray is gone, the style is different.

A lot has changed.

The only real question that will decide it is......has Andone also?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Its of benefit to both the team and Andone if he plays in the second half of the season & scores a few goals. If he doesnt then there'll be little transfer interest in him next summer. Alternatively if he does well from January onwards we might recoup some of our transfer fee paid for him, or he might see that positive period as reason to stay with us. His comments about wanting to leave were down to a lack of playing time, but a successful 6 months might change that. Basically, who knows how both parties will see the situation come the end of the season..

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes.

Is he good enough? Yes.

But it will depend entirely on Andones attitude once he returns. If he’s changed and accepts he plays when he’s told and not as he demands (passes the no dickheads policy after some time to reflect) then yes.

If he was being a dick before and a disruptive one too, kicking him out made sense. And no doubt if there is any of that crap again, he’ll be off.

But it’s a new changing room now, Murray is gone, the style is different.

A lot has changed.

The only real question that will decide it is......has Andone also?

All about opinions. I agree in flashes he looks a player, but my opinion for what its worth is I've yet to be convinced he's good enough in all honesty. Great, great goal v Palace and for that I will always have a soft spot for him but his goalscoring record is not great, two managers now have not seen enough to play him regularly. 4 goals in 26 appearances doesn't inspire confidence either. I accept that he didn't start a lot or get much of a run of games but Connolly is slaughtered by some on here for a similar record and is 7 years younger.

Add a questionable attitude, fitness issues and the possibility that he doesn't want to be here either and its a no from me.

I really hope we don't find ourselves relying on Andone come January because his track record suggests he will fail...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hope he returns soon. Would be a great, bonus addition to the team/squad.

And I'm sure he's learned a few things over the last year or two...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

He’s back for sure. Not in question.

Ashworth publicly spoke about him returning, the club have added him to our season squad on the club site with new kit.

I love the guy, think he’s a really good striking option to have actually. More skilful then given credit for. But no doubt though, this will be the last chance saloon for him. Any more nonsense and that’s it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here