Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone and Locadia

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Palace goal was a bit lucky. Their defender put it on a plate for Florin. No where near as good as Connolly's 2nd goal

I think it's ok to say that both were very good goals

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This turned into a great thread IMO.

I suspect AK was shipped out for playing reasons rather than personality. I know there was a feeling that the narrative always turned into The Anthony Knockhaert Show on occasion, and that grated with some players, but actually it is easy to see how his style wouldn't have fitted with Potters wishes.

Exciting player on his day, but sometimes he just didn't get the ball under control quite quick enough. Beating his man 3 times is good to watch sometimes but Potter wants one-touch stuff with players knowing what they want to do ahead of receiving the ball. I'm not convinced he's Potter's style of winger at all. I'll call it now, I have a similar fear for Izquierdo when he returns - I'm not sure he's direct enough, although clearly he is much more of a goal threat that Knocky is/was.

I agree with all you say. Knocky is a decent bloke. He's been to more Albion away games this season than I have, so not going to criticise him as a person.

But the whole Potter approach relies on quick passing. Dribbling into space is ok, but always with the view to popping it off to your support runners.

Izquierdo. I agree. I don't think his slightly random and very one footed style is going to get him many minutes on the pitch under Potter
Bissouma as well. Bursts from the midfield don't help to make Potters triangles look very triangle. Back up player

However, with Izquierdo and Bissouma and the three we've loaned out if they are back in the summer, I believe Potter will give them all a chance to show they can play his way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they perform this season as well as it looks like they could, of course they'll be worth £35m. The likes of Locadia and Jahanbakhsh cost about £35m the pair (no they're not worth that now, but that's the cost of players that haven't been tested at this level). If Connolly and Alzate become proven at this level, then they'd obviously be worth more, and that's before you add on a substantial amount for the fact they're so young.

Yes but Ali J and Big Jurgs were playing for Top European Sides, whereas Brighton are just a team like Brighton.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree with all you say. Knocky is a decent bloke. He's been to more Albion away games this season than I have, so not going to criticise him as a person.

But the whole Potter approach relies on quick passing. Dribbling into space is ok, but always with the view to popping it off to your support runners.

Izquierdo. I agree. I don't think his slightly random and very one footed style is going to get him many minutes on the pitch under Potter
Bissouma as well. Bursts from the midfield don't help to make Potters triangles look very triangle. Back up player

However, with Izquierdo and Bissouma and the three we've loaned out if they are back in the summer, I believe Potter will give them all a chance to show they can play his way.

Chap next to me watched Bissouma and said he wasn't even trying. I followed him for the short period he was on, and yes, it did seem true; hardly ran at all. Sulking because he wasn't starting, perhaps.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This turned into a great thread IMO.

I suspect AK was shipped out for playing reasons rather than personality. I know there was a feeling that the narrative always turned into The Anthony Knockhaert Show on occasion, and that grated with some players, but actually it is easy to see how his style wouldn't have fitted with Potters wishes.

Exciting player on his day, but sometimes he just didn't get the ball under control quite quick enough. Beating his man 3 times is good to watch sometimes but Potter wants one-touch stuff with players knowing what they want to do ahead of receiving the ball. I'm not convinced he's Potter's style of winger at all. I'll call it now, I have a similar fear for Izquierdo when he returns - I'm not sure he's direct enough, although clearly he is much more of a goal threat that Knocky is/was.

Izqueirdo looked a shadow of the player from the 1st season when he came back from injury last year. We've seen it before with players with explosive pace. I watched Will Buckley a few times for Birmingham and he was unrecognisable from the player who tore Dan Harding a new one. Michael Owen retired early because he was half the player without pace. Fernando Torres likewise never looked like the world beater he was at Liverpool after injury.

Hopefully, we are both wrong.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Serious gonads shown by Potter getting rid of these two, but today was honestly the first day that his decision is looking the right one. We spent £35m on those two and for different reasons, they haven't worked out.

It is not just thatbConnolly and Maupay did the business today, but actually more important was that we didn't even use Murray. We can easily get by with these 3 until January imo.

Locadia was 14m and Andone was 3.5m, no where near 35m combined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here