And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
And the club said, originally in construction, that it would have 0 restricted view seats.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
My young grandson has that seat in the front row and I have emailed the club asking if they are all going to be changed and not just the 1901 club.
I will post their response should I get one.

I am sure the club will sort it out quickly. They are usually really good with this sort of thing and will listen to the fans. I would be really shocked and disappointed if they left it as is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am sure the club will sort it out quickly. They are usually really good with this sort of thing and will listen to the fans. I would be really shocked and disappointed if they left it as is.

Agreed. The wall is really low at West Upper - I can see myself falling onto some 1901 folk when we score all 5 goals vs the scum :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does anyone think there will be similar problems with obscured views in the East and North stands due to the hand rails on entry into each block?

I don't think so no. If there are it won't be many.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. The wall is really low at West Upper - I can see myself falling onto some 1901 folk when we score all 5 goals vs the scum :)

It is very low. When people need to move down the row, they're moving between the wall and me. I'm not leaving myself 'wall-side'!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It is very low. When people need to move down the row, they're moving between the wall and me. I'm not leaving myself 'wall-side'!

Wise move. I think i have the honour of being told off by a steward first at the Amex too - last night I got asked to move off the wall as I was perching on it facing backwards :blush: I've checked though and it isn't that far to fall - I think the 1901er you'd land on would come off worse! I was thinking a shallow metal hand rail raised about 6 inches would suffice - it wouldn't block anyone's view and it would be safer... Although they must have passed the safety regs etc to have the wall that high...

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
or there again, totally igore you as you have sold your soul to the corporate/glazier/abramovitch/wembley middle tier prawn sandwich brigade. I fart in your general direction from the ruffian stand where we will be allowed to wear our shirts ( not that I do as it's so common) swear, stand and generally have a good time.

he he

taking the mrs around the ground on Wednesday evening when you are preparing to go to Portugal?

Sunday evening flying out ?, see 1901 members do actually support the club you know ? Home/away/abroad, but just to even things out, we are going with 2 Ruffians, on plane they turn right, we turn left..........well that is what Easyjet told me ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So low wall, lot's of pissed up people and hopefully high chance of jumping up and down.

That's it I'm wearing a helmet to every game. I don't want some pissed up fat fucker landing on me thank you very much.

Can you not all hold hands throughout the games just in case?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Haha, I wouldn't joke about it though! Wonder what would happen should someone go tumbling over the edge, would the whole ground be closed as a result or maybe just the WSU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports