Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

'le epic troll'.
l'epic, surely.

paying as much, if not more, attention to attendances as to the results themselves, something that has stayed with me to this day
Thought I was the only person that this applied to! I always thought though, that a Sunday paper which gave all the away followings in brackets after the 'gate' might noticeably improve circulation figures.

Feb 14, 2010
Keep it up major......I like your statistics and also your passion for Albion

Same here Major. You are doing a great job of correcting an incorrect press stereotype of the Albion that has built up as a result of the lack of success on the pitch. Its not your fault that some dont like their stereotype and patently wrong views shown to be wrong when confronted by cold hard facts. The size of the albion is truly superb given that we have not won anything worth winning since 1910, had only a few years in the old first division, and one losing FA Cup final appearance. If only the payers could match the support they get, never mind exceed it, then we would have bulging trophy cabinets

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh dear me – so many people getting worked up about attendances.

Firstly let me state that I have never claimed that Albions total average home attendances are bigger than Palaces –as comparing a team that plays in the Prem to one which has been in League 2 is ridiculous - however the Albion have a larger recent average home gate when you compare like for like , ie when both clubs are playing in the same division.

Since the end of the second world war there has been 66 seasons of football , in which 29 of them the two Clubs have been in the same league. Of those 29 seasons the Albion have finished 18 times above Palace and average 14,864 at home compared to Palaces 14,727 – however, the Albion figure includes two seasons at Withdean where we were constrained to a capacity of 7,000.

In fact, of the 29 seasons only this season have the Albion had a stadium with a bigger capacity than Palace, plus Palace have been counting tickets sold rather than actual attendances for years , (plus groupon & discounting) something the Albion have only adopted this season.

Of the other 37 seasons, when the two clubs were not in the same league, the Albion have only been in a higher league than Palace on 6 occasions. So, naturally our attendances are lower - if the positions had been reversed would Palace have got low crowds like us - I think so, they only managed less than 6k to see Boro in a cup game last season. Would they have survived a Gillingham situation - I think not.

My “obsession” with attendances was/is only fuelled by Palaces mocking of our crowds. I went on the BBS and proved to them that the recent upturn in Albions attendances is nothing new – in fact they disliked that & me so much they banned me! On NSC I am pro – Albion in everything and unlike other Albion posters , who seem to constantly try and undermine the Albion – ie Gus, CMS, Barber, Dicker, the Amex etc – I shall continue to show that our fantastic support is superior to the Scum.

Add into the mix the fact that Palace have nearly the same resident population living within 5 miles radius of Selhurst than we have in the whole of Sussex I think our attendance figures over the years are something to be proud of not scorned. To all you doubters – Frankly, Mr Shankly, since you ask - you are a flatulent pain in the arse.:thumbsup:

Continue to bang that drum Major and never stop- you have my backing.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Isn't it about time you lot focussed on another team for a while? The rivalry was fun when it resulted in, you know, actual football matches,but now you need to move on and focus on the teams you'll face next season. Maybe also focus some effort on having no manager, an ageing playing squad, spiralling debts and those great fans of yours that actually support Chelsea.

Feb 14, 2010
Isn't it about time you lot focussed on another team for a while? The rivalry was fun when it resulted in, you know, actual football matches,but now you need to move on and focus on the teams you'll face next season. Maybe also focus some effort on having no manager, an ageing playing squad, spiralling debts and those great fans of yours that actually support Chelsea.

This from the fan of a club whose most famous crowd home photo (you know when Cantona dishes out a flying kick ton a mouthy palace fan with nowt to back it up) has a picture of a Man United shirt in the crowd. Chelsea? I think mate it will be Chelsea fans boosting your 14000 poaying punters from last season next year, not a glorious regional club that pull in 30000 for a nothing game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

All things being equal we will be in the same division the season after next , unless of course we get promoted. Our hatred and contempt for THE SCUM doesn't go away just because we are in different divisions.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
All things being equal we will be in the same division the season after next , unless of course we get promoted. Our hatred and contempt for THE SCUM doesn't go away just because we are in different divisions.

You really don't know what all things being equal means do you?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You really don't know what all things being equal means do you?

Yes I do , Palace will be relegated and we will finish in the top half of The Championship next season :smile:

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
If all things are equal, we will be promoted and you will not be. I refer to my earlier point. Don't use phrases if you don't understand them.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
In the deep dark corners of Selhurst Park where the Millwall's never been.
Lays the chewed up remains of a Palace fan where the Brighton kicked him in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So does that mean we finish above you ?

Yes,relegated but yes......personally all jokes aside,years ago i hated the fact you were Premier and we were in the basement,it was a low time,but i don't care (well just a little) but i wish us to not go backwards,to push on if we can and at very worst stay in the championship and not slip back,perhaps we could have 35 years in the top 2 divisions? The Amex gives us no excuses to slip back now,if we are managed correctly.

I might add,it's up to us now to catch you,and try to see if we can get up,that will set the Premier tounge's wagging-Crystal Palace v Brighton,what's that all about :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If all things are equal, we will be promoted and you will not be. I refer to my earlier point. Don't use phrases if you don't understand them.

I fully understand the meaning of the phrase. If everything happens as I expect it to happen then the phrase has been used correctly.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
barc.png looks nice doesnt it...........

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ahh SKY TV and the Premier League. Everything that's good about the English game. Wear your arm badges with pride.

Agree about sky and premier league, they are ruining football.
But unfortunately to progress as a club, you need to be in there.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
View attachment 43416 looks nice doesnt it...........

Looks like a piece of shit. Where were you when we humiliated you 3-0 and when it was confirmed we'd finished ahove you in the league again? Fickle lot are Palace: plastic seems to be the popular term.

Congratulations on finishing above us next season though, following which normal service will continue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here