Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they call us deluded....plans to redevelop Selhurst

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Christ on a bike are you really that thick?

Please tell me what was 'thick' about my post, I would love to know. Think you're just resorting to insults as you have no come back to my argument.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Odd that nobody outside of the BBS, or on here when one of you "cheeky japesters" posts it again, seems to have ever actually seen those flyers / songsheets doing the rounds at the Amex or anywhere else. I do not have the first idea what the "magikoo" is, or how the song goes, and I've never seen one of those songsheets in my 25 years of watching the Albion. Nor do I recall ever hearing it sung.

If I didn't know any better, then I'd conclude that some tragic lonely pimply croydon bedwetter dreamt it up, went to the time and effort of creating it online, then posted it to the BBS illuminati in a thread entitled "Like OMG !! Look at what the WEED fans have done !!! LOLOL LOLOLOLOLOL", squirming and simpering and touching themselves with excitement at how ingenius they'd been, and how popular they'd be on their forum.

I remember people on here trying to get it going and getting told to do one as it was a shite song. I'm pretty sure they did hand out those leaflets though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember people on here trying to get it going and getting told to do one as it was a shite song. I'm pretty sure they did hand out those leaflets though.

Passed me by completely then. I would hope and assume that anyone seen handing them out was rapidly violated.
I still reckon it was a plant.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Better they spend the cash on redeveloping Selhurst Park and making the club more secure going forward than by wasting it all on a season of high wages...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Is it just me that finds it hilarious that the only people that bite on Major's trolls now are other Brighton fans :D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I say good luck to Palace. Their fans are no less deserving of success and financial stability than ours.

Spending this promotion cash sensibly could secure their financial future. I for one would rather still have a rival to play in the coming years than watch them waste all their cash, stick with a shit old ground and gradually go under.

And, if they revamp Selhurst Park we won't have to sit on crap old wooden seats and we might get more tickets...

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Odd that nobody outside of the BBS, or on here when one of you "cheeky japesters" posts it again, seems to have ever actually seen those flyers / songsheets doing the rounds at the Amex or anywhere else. I do not have the first idea what the "magikoo" is, or how the song goes, and I've never seen one of those songsheets in my 25 years of watching the Albion. Nor do I recall ever hearing it sung.

If I didn't know any better, then I'd conclude that some tragic lonely pimply croydon bedwetter dreamt it up, went to the time and effort of creating it online, then posted it to the BBS illuminati in a thread entitled "Like OMG !! Look at what the WEED fans have done !!! LOLOL LOLOLOLOLOL", squirming and simpering and touching themselves with excitement at how ingenius they'd been, and how popular they'd be on their forum.

:D Bless ya. A quick google of 'Brighton Magiko' and the first thing that pops up is this thread.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...agiko-quot-Song-As-chosen-by-fans-on-NSC-****

Ooops. :clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we have a new Crystal Palace subforum to discuss all aspects of the gang up the road? ???

Actually, all it need be is 1 post with a link to the BBS :lolol:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Do you think the six premiership teams this past season with lower average attendances than Brighton were in any way jealous or desperate to swap places ?

Ironically, I reckon some of them (QPR & Wigan for sure, possibly Reading) would have happily swapped given the potential for the future, yes. Swansea & Fulham no. And I can't remember who the 6th is......

I say 'ironically', because of course it doesn't mean that you would - and neither should you.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Can we have a new Crystal Palace subforum to discuss all aspects of the gang up the road? ???

Actually, all it need be is 1 post with a link to the BBS :lolol:

Loads of your fans wanted to talk about us for weeks after the St Patricks day game and our 9 game winless run but now they don't want to know, funny that :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Loads of your fans wanted to talk about us for weeks after the St Patricks day game and our 9 game winless run but now they don't want to know, funny that :lol:

There are too many, low relevance threads.

The case for a subforum is a good one :thumbup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:D Bless ya. A quick google of 'Brighton Magiko' and the first thing that pops up is this thread.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...agiko-quot-Song-As-chosen-by-fans-on-NSC-****

Ooops. :clap:

Yup, fair do's that is quite mortifying to discover the origins were indeed from these very pages. I'd need a facepalm the size of Wiltshire to convey my disdain. I'm SO glad that passed me by.

However, I'm genuinely heartened by the widespread condemnation on that thread. It just proves that its always a mindless minority that spoil it for the rest of us.

Prove it.

Not saying its right or wrong, I just want to see the figures.

Oh dear me – so many people getting worked up about attendances.

Firstly let me state that I have never claimed that Albions total average home attendances are bigger than Palaces –as comparing a team that plays in the Prem to one which has been in League 2 is ridiculous - however the Albion have a larger recent average home gate when you compare like for like , ie when both clubs are playing in the same division.

Since the end of the second world war there has been 66 seasons of football , in which 29 of them the two Clubs have been in the same league. Of those 29 seasons the Albion have finished 18 times above Palace and average 14,864 at home compared to Palaces 14,727 – however, the Albion figure includes two seasons at Withdean where we were constrained to a capacity of 7,000.

In fact, of the 29 seasons only this season have the Albion had a stadium with a bigger capacity than Palace, plus Palace have been counting tickets sold rather than actual attendances for years , (plus groupon & discounting) something the Albion have only adopted this season.

Of the other 37 seasons, when the two clubs were not in the same league, the Albion have only been in a higher league than Palace on 6 occasions. So, naturally our attendances are lower - if the positions had been reversed would Palace have got low crowds like us - I think so, they only managed less than 6k to see Boro in a cup game last season. Would they have survived a Gillingham situation - I think not.

My “obsession” with attendances was/is only fuelled by Palaces mocking of our crowds. I went on the BBS and proved to them that the recent upturn in Albions attendances is nothing new – in fact they disliked that & me so much they banned me! On NSC I am pro – Albion in everything and unlike other Albion posters , who seem to constantly try and undermine the Albion – ie Gus, CMS, Barber, Dicker, the Amex etc – I shall continue to show that our fantastic support is superior to the Scum.

Add into the mix the fact that Palace have nearly the same resident population living within 5 miles radius of Selhurst than we have in the whole of Sussex I think our attendance figures over the years are something to be proud of not scorned. To all you doubters – Frankly, Mr Shankly, since you ask - you are a flatulent pain in the arse.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oh dear me – so many people getting worked up about attendances.

Firstly let me state that I have never claimed that Albions total average home attendances are bigger than Palaces –as comparing a team that plays in the Prem to one which has been in League 2 is ridiculous - however the Albion have a larger recent average home gate when you compare like for like , ie when both clubs are playing in the same division.

Since the end of the second world war there has been 66 seasons of football , in which 29 of them the two Clubs have been in the same league. Of those 29 seasons the Albion have finished 18 times above Palace and average 14,864 at home compared to Palaces 14,727 – however, the Albion figure includes two seasons at Withdean where we were constrained to a capacity of 7,000.

In fact, of the 29 seasons only this season have the Albion had a stadium with a bigger capacity than Palace, plus Palace have been counting tickets sold rather than actual attendances for years , (plus groupon & discounting) something the Albion have only adopted this season.

Of the other 37 seasons, when the two clubs were not in the same league, the Albion have only been in a higher league than Palace on 6 occasions. So, naturally our attendances are lower - if the positions had been reversed would Palace have got low crowds like us - I think so, they only managed less than 6k to see Boro in a cup game last season. Would they have survived a Gillingham situation - I think not.

My “obsession” with attendances was/is only fuelled by Palaces mocking of our crowds. I went on the BBS and proved to them that the recent upturn in Albions attendances is nothing new – in fact they disliked that & me so much they banned me! On NSC I am pro – Albion in everything and unlike other Albion posters , who seem to constantly try and undermine the Albion – ie Gus, CMS, Barber, Dicker, the Amex etc – I shall continue to show that our fantastic support is superior to the Scum.

Add into the mix the fact that Palace have nearly the same resident population living within 5 miles radius of Selhurst than we have in the whole of Sussex I think our attendance figures over the years are something to be proud of not scorned. To all you doubters – Frankly, Mr Shankly, since you ask - you are a flatulent pain in the arse.:thumbsup:
:tumble:

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
Badger is right, a decent ground will naturally increase attendances. The secret is to then maintain the increase. You're currently improving season on season but realistically the only improvement you can make next year is actual promotion. If you don't make it that will be the acid test. Some of the "plastic" fans will have become Brighton fans by osmosis, a lot will drift away though.

For Palace if we can stay up it will give us a good platform to build on. It's not that long ago we regularly got 25k

Badger is right, a decent ground will naturally increase attendances. The secret is to then maintain the increase. You're currently improving season on season but realistically the only improvement you can make next year is actual promotion. If you don't make it that will be the acid test. Some of the "plastic" fans will have become Brighton fans by osmosis, a lot will drift away though.

For Palace if we can stay up it will give us a good platform to build on. It's not that long ago we regularly got 25k

Season 1979-1980 .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here