Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And these are the sentences for stabbing somebody !!!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm not sure. Like you, I find it difficult to not get carried away by emotions and expect a more severe punishment for a horrible crime.

But thankfully, in this country, we do not let emotions and a desire for punishment/revenge solely determine justice.

Our laws have determined that children are sentenced differently to adults. The crimes these children have been charged with were lesser than attempted murder, based on available evidence. Especially considering their age, there is a very good chance of rehabiliation. So I believe it is possible that the sentences given by the court are just and correct - even though it may not feel like it to us.

I mostly agree with your POV but I think wounding with a deadly weapon should carry a mandatory custodial sentence regardless or age.

I appreciate one did get 5 months but I think at least a year is appropriate, these convictions are neither a deterrent or provide much oppertunity for rehabilitation in my opinion.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Oh...I think a poll. You know one of those pathetic things that people put online to give them their 5 minutes of attention seeking fame.

Absolutely f*****g useless of course, but gives the OP on their thread some sort of importance.

Maybe...?
Who needs a poll ? Pretty much everybody agreed with me bar you who either doesn’t have a child this could affect or you’re a ****. I reckon it’s both of them.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The problem with sentencing (and part of the reason I didn't want to sit on the youth bench) is that sentencing is too "wishy-washy"; You can either give them a referral order or custody and to give them custody it has to be severe. This leads to persistent offenders getting repeated referral orders which they can breach with relative impunity.
Another problem is that if you have two offenders, one aged 17 years 364 days and the other aged 18 years and one day (on the date of the offence), with all other offender factors the same the sentences will be hugely different, with the person who is two days older getting a much more severe punishment.
There should a be a sliding-scale so that as one approaches majority the sentencing options transition.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It is time that the anonymity for scrotes like this is removed. We should have the right to know if we are living next door to these violent thugs, or our children are associating with them.

If you are convicted of committing a violent crime the State should not be protecting you by giving you lifelong anonymity. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here