Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And these are the sentences for stabbing somebody !!!!

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023

Absolutely pathetic. It’s actually really pissed me off. Mistaken identity as well. I fear for the world my sons are being brought in to.

Rant over.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a parent of a 14 year old, it is a worry. I wasn't an angel at that age but nothing to that level, however it does feel like a conviction these days is seen as more of a badge of honour as opposed to a deterrent to do it again........and perhaps again

In a recent BBC or LBC piece they kind of said that. Gang leaders indoctrinate young members that they'll be heroes in prison.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What kind of sentence would you have preferred to see OP?
If they believe they are old enough to carry knives and actually stick them into someone causing the loss of a kidney, then they should be named and expect a few years behind bars. Scum.

What kind of sentence do YOU think is appropriate?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
If they believe they are old enough to carry knives and actually stick them into someone causing the loss of a kidney, then they should be named and expect a few years behind bars. Scum.

What kind of sentence do YOU think is appropriate?

I'm not sure. Like you, I find it difficult to not get carried away by emotions and expect a more severe punishment for a horrible crime.

But thankfully, in this country, we do not let emotions and a desire for punishment/revenge solely determine justice.

Our laws have determined that children are sentenced differently to adults. The crimes these children have been charged with were lesser than attempted murder, based on available evidence. Especially considering their age, there is a very good chance of rehabiliation. So I believe it is possible that the sentences given by the court are just and correct - even though it may not feel like it to us.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What kind of sentence would you have preferred to see OP?
Oh...I think a poll. You know one of those pathetic things that people put online to give them their 5 minutes of attention seeking fame.

Absolutely f*****g useless of course, but gives the OP on their thread some sort of importance.

Maybe...?

Seagull Stew

It's not a desire for punishment, it's a need.
Revenge does not come in to it.

If a knife is used by anyone, there is a huge chance of a death.
100% this.

People forget that the primary purpose of prison is not revenge, rehabilitation or even justice, it is safety. The primary purpose of locking someone up is to keep unsafe people away from the rest of society for as long as possible, so that the rest of us can go about our lives with a reduced risk of serious harm coming to us.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
100% this.

People forget that the primary purpose of prison is not revenge, rehabilitation or even justice, it is safety. The primary purpose of locking someone up is to keep unsafe people away from the rest of society for as long as possible, so that the rest of us can go about our lives with a reduced risk of serious harm coming to us.
It is also a punishment, 5 years is a ridiculous short sentence, stabbing with a knife should either be murder or attempted murder ,
if they are old enough to do the crime , then they can do the time 20 years is about the going rate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here