Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And out come the bed wetters... Back the team, back the manager, back the club FFS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, "manager out", "players made no effort", "the goalie is shit", "strikers cant score"... its the same thing on 91 other football forums in England and countless all over the world, and then the opposite after a win. It is what is. Surely a bit annoying to watch for us cool-headed people but we just need to accept and even appreciate that different people reacts in different ways to different situations.

How very noble of you.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We have a young team.
If we can keep them together and they continue to improve, it's entirely possible that we could be on the cusp of something quite special.

To some that is blind optimism, but to me it seems a reasonable stretch to make.

Possibly, but even Potter would admit that jam tomorrow is not enough to promise. Sometimes you have to make do and mend in order to buy time for the longer-term and that means results.

Want I dont get is the insinuation that anyone who is worried about the fact that we have won one home game in 2020 and 5 in total is somehow not behind the team. I am and I am worried. Sorry if that offends.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Its an emotional game ffs, it means a lot to people and they should have the opportunity to express frustration.

I'd rather people show some passion than saying oh, we played well again but 0 points nevermind.

Potter could do with showing a bit more passion in his post match interviews.

'We have to accept it' said Potter, cut to Carragher saying if he were manager he'd be in a taxi to Stockley Park right now

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
There really is no point talking sense after a loss.
The wetters need to vent.

Best to let them get it out of their system.

Could say the same re lickers are home form over the last year been embarrassing. For you not to see that is also best let you carry on sticking your heads in the sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Possibly, but even Potter would admit that jam tomorrow is not enough to promise. Sometimes you have to make do and mend in order to buy time for the longer-term and that means results.

Want I dont get is the insinuation that anyone who is worried about the fact that we have won one home game in 2020 and 5 in total is somehow not behind the team. I am and I am worried. Sorry if that offends.

We are playing at the absolute pinnacle of league football.
In the richest league on the planet.
Winning games at this level is ****ing hard.

I'm not in the least offended by your or any other fans worries. It comes with the territory surely.

The question is what is the alternative?
You seem to be advocating some sort of more pragmatic approach to the games?

Roy hodgson has taken that approach, despite having a first team packed with higher ranking players. Palace's home record was pretty dire last season too.

Or should we revert to Hughton's pragmatism?
I can't be arsed to check, but seem to recall we were similarly bereft of wins then too.

All fans are permitted t o worry that the club is on the wrong track.
I'm just surprised that anyone genuinely thinks we are.
I just don't see it.
But then I am and always have been a licker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Could say the same re lickers are home form over the last year been embarrassing. For you not to see that is also best let you carry on sticking your heads in the sand

Difference between the lickers and the wettera is the lickers still post exactly the same stuff, win lose or draw.
The wetters only talk about other fans blind optimism after a loss.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Difference between the lickers and the wettera is the lickers still post exactly the same stuff, win lose or draw.

Your right no matter how bad the home form has been over the last year you still believe we are that close to being top ten . Need to wake up and look at facts on home form . March Gross good performances over three and a half seasons to far apart . Webster I just don’t see how he was better than Duffy but you keep writing the same stuff

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Our club are doing brilliantly, be realistic. We’re still separated away from bottom 3. Ok we didn’t play well tonight. But we have an exciting young team, very talented coach and the best owner in the league.

We’re so close to making the next leap. Be patient.
Nope sorry... changes of some sort are needed. Biss and White may be lured away in Jan... inevitable that we wont adequately fill our squad problem areas... whenever there is a crisis in or around our box... Dunk or March are almost always involved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Your right no matter how bad the home form has been over the last year you still believe we are that close to being top ten . Need to wake up and look at facts on home form . March Gross good performances over three and a half seasons to far apart . Webster I just don’t see how he was better than Duffy but you keep writing the same stuff

Yeah, the lickers see the bigger picture, the wetters don't. It isn't a mystery.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I would love to know who this new manager that is going to get us winning and moving on up to the Champions league position is.

One of the FIFA players here surely, they think they can do a better job then GP.

I mean come on, Potter’s a terrible manager. Boot up career mode, sign a 20 goals a season striker, win all the games you’re “meant to” and bomb up the league.. get into Europe. Easy!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I’m in neither camp, but what you’ve just typed is absolute tosh, and I’m pretty sure you know it, but you can’t handle any criticism of the club so go on the attack. The criticisms that people have will always be there, but they get lost behind the euphoria of a good result.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Its an emotional game ffs, it means a lot to people and they should have the opportunity to express frustration.

I'd rather people show some passion than saying oh, we played well again but 0 points nevermind.

Potter could do with showing a bit more passion in his post match interviews.

'We have to accept it' said Potter, cut to Carragher saying if he were manager he'd be in a taxi to Stockley Park right now

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Will passion in interviews make a difference to the result?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bed wetters? **** right off, most managers would have been sacked by now for only managing one ****ing home win in 2020. :annoyed:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I’m in neither camp, but what you’ve just typed is absolute tosh, and I’m pretty sure you know it, but you can’t handle any criticism of the club so go on the attack. The criticisms that people have will always be there, but they get lost behind the euphoria of a good result.

This. The idea that if you say something like, "Ryan's distribution is not as good as it used to be" you are immediately seen as a pretentious panicky disloyal ******** who just cant see the bigger picture. Utter condescending rubbish. :annoyed:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yeah, the lickers see the bigger picture, the wetters don't. It isn't a mystery.

The bigger picture? One win at home all year, some people need to give their heads a ****ing wobble. Yeah I agree the football is pleasing on the eye but we just ain't cutting it at the moment and Potter doesn't seem to be under any pressure, one home win in 2020 embarrassing. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here