Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anadin Extra Rant

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Ahhh the grammar police ….. always come around when they have no constructive point to make at all ! Mainly because they NEVER make a constructive point.

The constructive point is education. Bought and brought, two words completely different meanings.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
TBF, Westdene Seagull must have brought them home.

Maybe not...?

giphy.gif

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ahhh the grammar police ….. always come around when they have no constructive point to make at all ! Mainly because they NEVER make a constructive point.

the response to that rhymes with rowlocks and begins with B.

Firstly, getting the Grammar wrong can actually change the meaning of what you are saying.

Secondly, the "never having anything constructive to say" is a sweeping generalisation and obviously wrong!

Pedantry rules OK. I think our major political problem at the moment is that we don't have a pedantry party. Get the grammar right and everything else will follow.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
As a general headache/migraine sufferer this sounds rather familiar. For me, the only thing that seems to work are Solpadeine Max. Yes, codeine is addictive, i know.... and they're about £7 for a pack of 32! (16 doses). But at the time of a migraine, I'd pay 10 times that to be rid of it!

No idea if there's any cheaper substitution for those, but as they're over the pharmacy counter rather than general supermarket shelves, I doubt it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Missus is a medical professional and regularly laughs at the price of branded paracetamol and brufen. In our house we have generic.. I actually buy them from Bookers in huge packs and they last us about a year as a family.

As for them disappearing off shelves - maybe the manufacturers of the branded ones have come to a deal with the supermarkets? I wouldn't put it past them....

'Come to a deal' or made threats re other products ?? Possibly the latter...................

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
As a general headache/migraine sufferer this sounds rather familiar. For me, the only thing that seems to work are Solpadeine Max. Yes, codeine is addictive, i know.... and they're about £7 for a pack of 32! (16 doses). But at the time of a migraine, I'd pay 10 times that to be rid of it!

No idea if there's any cheaper substitution for those, but as they're over the pharmacy counter rather than general supermarket shelves, I doubt it.

2/3 the codeine for £2.79 - you can't up the dose, though, or you'll be overdosing on paracetamol: https://www.boots.com/boots-pharmaceuticals-paracetamol-and-codeine-caplets-32-caplets-10032781

Edit: add one of these for some more Codeiney goodness (plus aspirin!): https://www.superdrug.com/Codis/Codis-500-Tablets---32-Tablets/p/557611

(you should probably seek proper medical advice before doing this, though...)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Its not grammar at all, its simply using the wrong word which changed the meaning of his post. Just because the word sounds similar doesn't give it a similar meaning. One is to purchase , one is to take something somewhere.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've found the best way to avoid a headache, is to never sober up!:lolol: (joking people, jeez!)

I'm lucky as I don't get many headaches, Ibuprofen sorts me out when I do. Can't do codeine based stuff as I don't poo for a week after. The missus usually buys el cheapo tablets, especially when on offer

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can't do codeine based stuff as I don't poo for a week after

After a surgery I got sent home from hospital with a bumper box of very strong codeine, Did a great job at the pain relief but I didn't have a crap for 12 days. When it finally came out it felt like I was passing a grapefruit wrapped in barbed wire. Was more painful than anything else in the recuperation period!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You're as old as your tongue and a little bit older than your teeth.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've found the best way to avoid a headache, is to never sober up!:lolol: (joking people, jeez!)

I'm lucky as I don't get many headaches, Ibuprofen sorts me out when I do.
Can't do codeine based stuff as I don't poo for a week after. The missus usually buys el cheapo tablets, especially when on offer

After a surgery I got sent home from hospital with a bumper box of very strong codeine, Did a great job at the pain relief but I didn't have a crap for 12 days. When it finally came out it felt like I was passing a grapefruit wrapped in barbed wire. Was more painful than anything else in the recuperation period!

Fizzy water, brown bread and avocado.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is true. Brands aim to make profits and use marketing to this effect. Tomorrow I shall reveal more business secrets about how unwary consumers are forced into purchases from evil corporates who none of us would ever otherwise buy from just because they’re cheaper...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here