Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An attacking side please v Reading

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Please Gus can we start with the side that went out v Derby, when we attacked them from the start, OK they weren't a top six side but the play between Vicente and Lua Lua was great to watch and the first game in ages we looked like a potent force again.
Lets put out a side to win the game (or at least take the lead) 'cause if we sit back trying for a draw or a late 1-0 (as is our usual game), I fear Reading/ West Ham/Birmingham will beat us easily, they all know our sole tactic too well now.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just hope one of the trio of wingers starts, can't believe he'll keep the same shape as Burnley. Preferably KLL to start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need someone to at least worry them so Kazenga starting would be a good move.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we do that we'll get overrun in midfield, Bridcutt suspended, he won't change it
We get overrun in midfield anyway so don't quiet get that,how many games have we dominated this season?its time to unleash the wingers for 90 mins,if we play the usual way we'll get stuffed simples.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Can't see it happening but would love to see this team. Bring back Jake!!!!!! :)

..................... Brezovan ...................

Calderon .... Greer ... El Abd .... Mattock

............. Dicker ......... Caskey ..........

Buckley ........... Vicente .......... Lua Lua

........................ CMS .......................

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
We get overrun in midfield anyway so don't quiet get that,how many games have we dominated this season?its time to unleash the wingers for 90 mins,if we play the usual way we'll get stuffed simples.

He's played two defensive midfielders all season, usually bridcutt and Navaro. Bridcutt is suspended so it will probably be Dicker and Navaro. I find it hard to belive he'll change that now when it's been successful all season and we are on the verge of the play offs against the team at the top of the table! I don't call that an attacking line up. For what's its worth and as I've said countless times, I find it frustrating that we play so defensively with the attacking talent we have available, but, we can't argue with facts, we are in a fantastic position and like it or not that's down to the managers tactics!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Trouble is, that Gus is back to tinklering with the team again just when it started to look like a settled side and once again the midfield looks a mess. I've said this before that to fit Vicente into the 11 Poyet has changed the whole balance of the team and now the midfield looks weak. Vicente is a class above the players around him, he sees passes and positions that the others don't, but the midfield can't cover for him and a winger. At this stage of the season we need to go to what we do best, a tight midfield and defence, wear down the opposition and then unleash the wingers and Vicente who makes more of an impact in the last 30mins.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,,,,,,sorry, that just made me chuckle....Attacking side against Reading, don't be silly. It's a vital game we have to win,,,pmsl...More of the same please Gus......On a less sarcastic note, they would be top by a mile over the last 30 games. If Gus does not do some of that old management stuff, we will get ripped to shreds....and the answer is not to try and contain them, the answer is to go for their throats..We arn't going to be able to keep them out, so lets score more.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's played two defensive midfielders all season, usually bridcutt and Navaro. Bridcutt is suspended so it will probably be Dicker and Navaro. I find it hard to belive he'll change that now when it's been successful all season and we are on the verge of the play offs against the team at the top of the table! I don't call that an attacking line up. For what's its worth and as I've said countless times, I find it frustrating that we play so defensively with the attacking talent we have available, but, we can't argue with facts, we are in a fantastic position and like it or not that's down to the managers tactics!
Yes you're right we are in a great position and it seems gus has got it right,but we,ve been very lucky of late so the sun is certainly shining on gus.Going defensive in this league is very dangerous and we im sure will get hammered soon sadly.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Trouble is, that Gus is back to tinklering with the team again just when it started to look like a settled side and once again the midfield looks a mess. I've said this before that to fit Vicente into the 11 Poyet has changed the whole balance of the team and now the midfield looks weak. Vicente is a class above the players around him, he sees passes and positions that the others don't, but the midfield can't cover for him and a winger. At this stage of the season we need to go to what we do best, a tight midfield and defence, wear down the opposition and then unleash the wingers and Vicente who makes more of an impact in the last 30mins.
Our midfield is aweful and it's our week spot,the likes of sparrow,dicker etc etc are not good enough to take control of the midfield.I hope gus goes for two dominant midfielders next season as we have to many average midfielders,i would say JFC is our best central midfielder.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yes you're right we are in a great position and it seems gus has got it right,but we,ve been very lucky of late so the sun is certainly shining on gus.Going defensive in this league is very dangerous and we im sure will get hammered soon sadly.

I agree, but changing to two wingers against Reading in this game at this stage of the season is suicide. It won't happen, hopefully next season with the addition of a few quality players in the right areas he may feel confident enough to play more attacking football, we'll see!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our midfield is aweful and it's our week spot,the likes of sparrow,dicker etc etc are not good enough to take control of the midfield.I hope gus goes for two dominant midfielders next season as we have to many average midfielders,i would say JFC is our best central midfielder.

I'd love to see Andrew Crofts back at the Albion.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes.

- Brian Clough

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is he getting played at Norwich?

Read on here the other day that he doesn't start for them that often. Norwich site says he's made 13 League appearances and come on as sub 10 times. He seemed to love it at the Albion, fitted right in and added a bit of much-needed bite to the midfield. Worth a close season enquiry as to his availability IMHO.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Read on here the other day that he doesn't start for them that often. Norwich site says he's made 13 League appearances and come on as sub 10 times. He seemed to love it at the Albion, fitted right in and added a bit of much-needed bite to the midfield. Worth a close season enquiry as to his availability IMHO.

Well said H. But you've obviously forgotten about his obvious talent in providing a fascinating pre-match interview. Obviously. :wink:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think this is the one game we shouldn't put a very attacking team out, Reading are a very good attacking side and they're pretty decent defensively as well so it could lead to us getting counter attacked numerous of times.

I think this is the kind of game that's suited for Sparrow, he's able to pick up loose balls from Midfield and push the team forward and usually creates an opportunity. As much as I'd take a draw, a win would be bloody huge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here