Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An appeal to the cyclists among you

Please Guys and Girls who cycle in the dark - put some lights on your bike and switch them on when it gets dark. That's it really.

The rear red lights that flash on and off make you much easier to see. To the guy cycling up Sackville Road Friday night with a front light on the back of his bike - that's not a good plan.

Why is it that those cyclists who prefer not to put lights on their bikes also seem to be those that seem to like wearing dark clothing with no reflective properties (and often ride two abreast)?

I am not anti bike at all, I just want to be able to see you in the dark.

As a cyclist I say 'good post'

Unfortunately the aptly named wrong direction will be along to hijack shortly.

With regard to your request, after dark I'm done up like an xmas tree with front and back lights, lollipop mans coat and a crash hat, call me old fashioned but I want to live.

(I am also a driver, that sometimes drives after dark)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As a cyclist I say 'good post'

Unfortunately the aptly named wrong direction will be along to hijack shortly.

With regard to your request, after dark I'm done up like an xmas tree with front and back lights, lollipop mans coat and a crash hat, call me old fashioned but I want to live.

(I am also a driver, that sometimes drives after dark)
Gooood afternoon Dr[emoji3]
Its gives me much amusement knowing you ride around dressed as a Christmas tree[emoji319] hohoho
Unfortunately you wouldn't have to if you just used your designated cycle lanes and stopped getting in everyone else's way..
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji597] [emoji609] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji594] [emoji592] [emoji600] [emoji595]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Its gives me much amusement knowing you ride around dressed as a Christmas tree[emoji319] hohoho
Unfortunately you wouldn't have to if you just used your designated cycle lanes and stopped getting in everyone else's way..
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji597] [emoji609] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji594] [emoji592] [emoji600] [emoji595]

If I start on the Pringles now it will ruin my appetite for dindins :wrong:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I start on the Pringles now it will ruin my appetite for dindins :wrong:
I don't think a poor mans Ernest just without the repertoire or 'humour' is worthy of Pringles.

If I were you I'd save them for a real WUM, and have a nice dinner.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think a poor mans Ernest just without the repertoire or 'humour' is worthy of Pringles.

How dare you!!? I am nothing like that imbecile Ernest[emoji31]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Are you mentally ill Stat or just have have no sense of humour.

I genuinely feel sorry for you---------but carry on---------------------------the 24,353 post coming my way:eek:

To be honest don't waste your time:moo:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Great post, this is just the thing to get some friendly discussion going.:D and yes cyclist should use lights flashing or otherwise, cannot believe there's cyclist that don't use them. Madness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you mentally ill Stat or just have have no sense of humour.

I genuinely feel sorry for you---------but carry on---------------------------the 24,353 post coming my way:eek:

To be honest don't waste your time:moo:
I was just trying to save you ruining your tea.

More concerned citizen than spazmoid.

Oh and what would a 'not to be taken seriously' smilie look like?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cars crash into cars all the time and they're pretty visible! Any cyclist not drawing maximum attention to themselves via quality lights etc is literally an accident waiting to happen. Law might be on your side. But so is the grim reaper!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
We have two kinds of after-dark cyclists here in the West Country:

Those who cycle with lights on the pavement.
Those who cycle on the road without lights.

Both kinds are :tosser:

And may I add cyclists on pavements wearing helmets so when they crash into you, they're ok because they've got a helmet on! :censored:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Please Guys and Girls who cycle in the dark - put some lights on your bike and switch them on when it gets dark. That's it really.

The rear red lights that flash on and off make you much easier to see. To the guy cycling up Sackville Road Friday night with a front light on the back of his bike - that's not a good plan.

Why is it that those cyclists who prefer not to put lights on their bikes also seem to be those that seem to like wearing dark clothing with no reflective properties (and often ride two abreast)?

I am not anti bike at all, I just want to be able to see you in the dark.

Tune in same time next week for " How to brake when approaching a red light ".

With respect Mr Wrong Erection, suck a fart out of my arse, Shows you know **** all about me, I'm a massive fan of the cycle lane, less time I spend on the road the better, you're thinking of someone else xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here