Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology to Gus Poyet

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just two weeks after having done exactly the same thing to Charlton. We absolutely SPANKED two half-decent fancied league one sides in successive away games, turning in arguably the two finest away performances we had seen in probably 2 decades.
Guess being homeless and potless for that long is the reason why don't you think?
I mean it wouldn't take much to beat the shite years would it?
Blooms millions and the amex being built would suggest us doing well was inevitable ???

O well you lot can cream over the past and make gus out to be the god when infact blooms money and the club on a high is the real factor for success.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not really, it means that someone chose to not pursue it. A compensation agreement to the charge of gross misconduct would be like admitting there was no gross misconduct.
It CAN mean it's not pursued, so why appeal in the first place. An financial agreement does not mean there was gross misconduct or no gross misconduct in the first place. Both parties can agree to differ as I'm sure they do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am sure that he hinted, on TV, that he would appeal against the charge of gross misconduct at an independent court.

That was after his appeal to the board failed. He then dropped him plans to go to an employment tribunal when Sunderland offered him a job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guess being homeless and potless for that long is the reason why don't you think?
I mean it wouldn't take much to beat the shite years would it?
Blooms millions and the amex being built would suggest us doing well was inevitable ???

O well you lot can cream over the past and make gus out to be the god when infact blooms money and the club on a high is the real factor for success.

Bloom has put as much money into the squad this season. He has said so. How does the club get on a high? When the manager does well.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
That was after his appeal to the board failed. He then dropped him plans to go to an employment tribunal when Sunderland offered him a job.
And if he had not been sacked he would have walked when the right job came up for him and we'd have got some comp to spend on players.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Playing well true.
Able to score goals, er, no.

Able to attack with pace, no again.

Able to react and change if things weren't going well, that'd be a third no.

Good riddance Poyet.
Absolutely spot on...The man was a bloody cretin and couldn't wait to see the back of him.The football was dire and predictable most of the time and with very few goals and pretty crap away from home aswell.
Many were moaning at how boring it was and you could literally full asleep at times...Going a goal down meant we'd never win and vise versa.

Many cream over half a dozen quality performances but forget the dozens and dozens of bore fests that were endured including Bristol City away and barnsley away and many more.

People always remember the good but not the bad :)

Slated the club and blabbed on about chelsea and leeds and wanted more money all the time...Good riddance I say

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloom has put as much money into the squad this season. He has said so. How does the club get on a high? When the manager does well.
The feel good factor=new stadium and a real buzz about the place and that means a couple of good seasons were inevitable...Wether it was gus or someone else the city was buzzing...This buzz was only going to last so long.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The feel good factor=new stadium and a real buzz about the place and that means a couple of good seasons were inevitable...Wether it was gus or someone else the city was buzzing...This buzz was only going to last so long.

Yeah, managers find it so easy to get teams & fans buzzing, eh? It's a doddle.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It CAN mean it's not pursued, so why appeal in the first place. An financial agreement does not mean there was gross misconduct or no gross misconduct in the first place. Both parties can agree to differ as I'm sure they do.

He only appealed in front of the board, but he didn't take it to an independent court to appeal when he said that he was going to. Probably because it was too time consuming and expensive for a charge that is easy to prove. Gross misconduct can be for minor things.

Poyet doesn't have to go to court to give his version of what happened, maybe it is just too embarrassing to publicly talk about it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah, managers find it so easy to get teams & fans buzzing, eh? It's a doddle.
I can assure you that when there's a real buzz about the place things change for the better and gus was here at the right time and contributed although the first season was rather boring football wise to be honest including gus putting out a dire pathetic side against Westham when we hovered around the playoffs only to get hammered literally.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can assure you that when there's a real buzz about the place things change for the better and gus was here at the right time and contributed although the first season was rather boring football wise to be honest including gus putting out a dire pathetic side against Westham when we hovered around the playoffs only to get hammered literally.

Ah, it all happened by luck, & Gus was just here at the right time? Got it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ah, it all happened by luck, & Gus was just here at the right time? Got it.
You just don't get it...gus was a part of something special at the club at the time and wether you like it or not we was on a crest of a wave.
You honestly go back and look at our two championship seasons results under gus and tell me how many of the 92 games you really really enjoyed and thought WOW.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Absolutely spot on...The man was a bloody cretin

Such a cretin that he took over League One relegation candidates, got us promoted in style the following season with a near-record points tally, almost took us to the Premier League and attracted a host of brilliant players to the club, playing some of the best football we have ever witnessed as Brighton fans.

You, sir, are the cretin.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You just don't get it...gus was a part of something special at the club at the time and wether you like it or not we was on a crest of a wave.
You honestly go back and look at our two championship seasons results under gus and tell me how many of the 92 games you really really enjoyed and thought WOW.
I would say at least 75% of them. I went out to Portugal twice, & Spain for the preseason friendliest, because I enjoyed it so much.
I did get it, I was taking the mickey out of your assessment of Gus' 3.5 years with us. You were keen to only look at his last 2 seasons, choosing to forget that he rescued us from relegation, then won League One with a record number of wins, points & weeks at the top of the table. He also got us to our highest position in 30 years, but it was all luck, eh?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Such a cretin that he took over League One relegation candidates, got us promoted in style the following season with a near-record points tally, almost took us to the Premier League and attracted a host of brilliant players to the club, playing some of the best football we have ever witnessed as Brighton fans.

You, sir, are the cretin.
You sir are bloody clueless
The best football we've ever witnessed?
You maybe although how many of those games did we win?
Guess blooms millions meant nothing then and gus should get all the plaudits right?maybe gus is why we got the amex aswell?

So you're happy that he disrespects our club and wanted to go to leeds and chelsea and turns up late for the biggest game in decades against palace in which the players looked un interested?Or the fact that someone criticises him and he says "I GO HOME"yeah the man is a prick and I support BHA not poyet,you support poyet,so maybe go and support sunderland with a fair few more on here.

Guess you've got tunnel vision when thinking of poyet as the man was egotistic and only cared about his own ego...You carry on and worship the man who did nothing but put this club down.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would say at least 75% of them. I went out to Portugal twice, & Spain for the preseason friendliest, because I enjoyed it so much.
I did get it, I was taking the mickey out of your assessment of Gus' 3.5 years with us. You were keen to only look at his last 2 seasons, choosing to forget that he rescued us from relegation, then won League One with a record number of wins, points & weeks at the top of the table. He also got us to our highest position in 30 years, but it was all luck, eh?
75% lol
Take those rose tinted specs off:lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Home

Away

Season

Div

P W D L F A W D L F A Pts Pos
2011/12

Champ

46 11 8 4 36 21 6 7 10 16 31 66 10th Table

Sat Aug 6 Champ Doncaster Rovers Home Won 2-1
Tue Aug 9 LC 1 Gillingham Home Won 1-0
Sat Aug 13 Champ Portsmouth Away Won 1-0
Wed Aug 17 Champ Cardiff City Away Won 3-1
Sat Aug 20 Champ Blackpool Home Drew 2-2
Tue Aug 23 LC 2 Sunderland Home Won 1-0
Sat Aug 27 Champ Peterborough United Home Won 2-0
Sat Sep 10 Champ Bristol City Away Won 1-0
Sat Sep 17 Champ Leicester City Away Lost 0-1
Wed Sep 21 LC 3 Liverpool Home Lost 1-2
Fri Sep 23 Champ Leeds United Home Drew 3-3
Tue Sep 27 Champ Crystal Palace Home Lost 1-3
Sat Oct 1 Champ Ipswich Town Away Lost 1-3
Sat Oct 15 Champ Hull City Home Drew 0-0
Tue Oct 18 Champ Millwall Away Drew 1-1
Mon Oct 24 Champ West Ham United Home Lost 0-1
Sat Oct 29 Champ Birmingham City Away Drew 0-0
Tue Nov 1 Champ Watford Away Lost 0-1
Sun Nov 6 Champ Barnsley Home Won 2-0
Sat Nov 19 Champ Southampton Away Lost 0-3
Sat Nov 26 Champ Coventry City Home Won 2-1
Tue Nov 29 Champ Derby County Away Won 1-0
Sat Dec 3 Champ Nottingham Forest Home Won 1-0
Sat Dec 10 Champ Middlesbrough Away Lost 0-1
Sat Dec 17 Champ Burnley Home Lost 0-1
Mon Dec 26 Champ Reading Away Lost 0-3
Sat Dec 31 Champ Coventry City Away Lost 0-2
Mon Jan 2 Champ Southampton Home Won 3-0
Sat Jan 7 FAC 3 Wrexham Home Drew 1-1
Sat Jan 14 Champ Bristol City Home Won 2-0
Wed Jan 18 FAC 3 replay Wrexham Away Won 1-1 (5-4 penalties)
Sat Jan 21 Champ Peterborough United Away Won 2-1
Sat Jan 28 FAC 4 Newcastle United Home Won 1-0
Tue Jan 31 Champ Crystal Palace Away Drew 1-1
Sat Feb 4 Champ Leicester City Home Won 1-0
Sat Feb 11 Champ Leeds United Away Won 2-1
Tue Feb 14 Champ Millwall Home Drew 2-2
Sun Feb 19 FAC 5 Liverpool Away Lost 1-6
Wed Feb 22 Champ Hull City Away Drew 0-0
Sat Feb 25 Champ Ipswich Town Home Won 3-0
Sat Mar 3 Champ Doncaster Rovers Away Drew 1-1
Wed Mar 7 Champ Cardiff City Home Drew 2-2
Sat Mar 10 Champ Portsmouth Home Won 2-0
Sat Mar 17 Champ Blackpool Away Lost 1-3
Tue Mar 20 Champ Derby County Home Won 2-0
Sat Mar 24 Champ Nottingham Forest Away Drew 1-1
Sat Mar 31 Champ Middlesbrough Home Drew 1-1
Fri Apr 6 Champ Burnley Away Lost 0-1
Tue Apr 10 Champ Reading Home Lost 0-1
Sat Apr 14 Champ West Ham United Away Lost 0-6
Tue Apr 17 Champ Watford Home Drew 2-2
Sat Apr 21 Champ Birmingham City Home Drew 1-1
Sat Apr 28 Champ Barnsley Away Drew 0-0

You pick 75% of these matches that we played really well?
Forest we beat 1-0 but got battered???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here