Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amsterdam by road

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Pay attention to speed camera warnings, they exist and they WILL nick you. Don't think that your UK number plate will get you off.
The Belgians used to be big fans of the tripod mounted 'mobile' ones sitting in the central reservation.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Most here will be aware I'm sure but for any who haven't driven here before: Unlike UK motorway services there is no such thing as a free piss at the rest areas in these parts. Going rate is usually one euro although Belgian rest areas offer a discount pee for 90 cents. Many do take contactless for those who don't have coins although you don't want to use any card that will ding you a high charge per transaction for using your card overseas.

Attempting a double shuffle through the turnstiles WILL set off an alarm too. 🔊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Most here will be aware I'm sure but for any who haven't driven here before: Unlike UK motorway services there is no such thing as a free piss at the rest areas in these parts. Going rate is usually one euro although Belgian rest areas offer a discount pee for 90 cents. Many do take contactless for those who don't have coins although you don't want to use any card that will ding you a high charge per transaction for using your card overseas.

Attempting a double shuffle through the turnstiles WILL set off an alarm too. 🔊
McDonalds is your savior. They have huge signs visible from the motorway and always free. Buy a coffee if you feel guilty.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
We're on the 8.20pm Eurotunnel on the 8th and driving overnight to our Airbnb in Amsterdam with a key code to let ourselves in. After some sleep, free bikes to get to the local train station and €7 to get into central Amsterdam for a few pre-match beers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here