Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Amex to Eastbourne post game

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My wife has managed to book something in Eastbourne on evening of 12th August , how easy/quick is it to get to Eastbourne after the match . I will need to be there by 18:45 . There is the train but is there a special coach service as well?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
(Everywhere we go! Sorry)

My old man does it for every match. Think you'd be pushing it on those timescales to be honest. He's regularly queued for ages.

It depends in where you live but if it's in Brighton you'd be better off getting back home and into the car.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
(Everywhere we go! Sorry)

My old man does it for every match. Think you'd be pushing it on those timescales to be honest. He's regularly queued for ages.

It depends in where you live but if it's in Brighton you'd be better off getting back home and into the car.
I guess what i will need to do is make sure i get there first....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And therein lies the reason why so many people leave 5-10 mins before the end. If you're happy to do that and don't mind potentially standing in a queue in perhaps inclement weather then fine.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And therein lies the reason why so many people leave 5-10 mins before the end. If you're happy to do that and don't mind potentially standing in a queue in perhaps inclement weather then fine.
Agree....

Not happy at all but it's potentially see 80 mins of the game or see none of it.... watching 80 mins has to be best option.

Not a regular habit of mine , similar issue last year for the Grimsby game where a family event reduced my viewing time , but at least I got to see 3 goals and took my daughter to most of the match.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My wife has managed to book something in Eastbourne on evening of 12th August , how easy/quick is it to get to Eastbourne after the match . I will need to be there by 18:45 . There is the train but is there a special coach service as well?
Get the first train from Falmer to Lewes. If it's going to Eastbourne, job done. If it's NOT going to Eastbourne, get on it anyway and get off at Lewes. You can then pick up the next Eastbourne train coming from Falmer in the wide expanse of civilised space that is Lewes station. If you're timing is right, you can even catch the equally civilised London train to Eastbourne at Lewes. The important thing is to get off that cramped shitty platform at Falmer asap. Thank me later! :thumbsup:

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I've used the train to Eastbourne a few times. I always stay in my seat in WSU until the last Albion player leaves the pitch, then go with my dad to the coach park to make sure he finds his coach.

Then I make my way to the station, where the queue moves quickly, and I have always made it back to Eastbourne before 6.30..

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yeah you and everyone else!

I've never actually done it myself so I'll bow to the superior knowledge of others on here who seem to think it's doable.

I'm just going on the texts I get from him about when he gets home and the all seem to be late (that may be me collectively remembering later kick off though) Or he's a got a bit on the side and he's using the football as cover!

Also he's a doddery old tart, so probably doesn't show the most hustle anyone's ever seen.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Agree....

Not happy at all but it's potentially see 80 mins of the game or see none of it.... watching 80 mins has to be best option.

Not a regular habit of mine , similar issue last year for the Grimsby game where a family event reduced my viewing time , but at least I got to see 3 goals and took my daughter to most of the match.
Sounds like you need to share your fixtures calendar with your wife :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sounds like you need to share your fixtures calendar with your wife :)
Indeed, I nearly thought to say no but these days its very likely the game could have been one of those moved .... I went to 35 games last year so I can't complain if she wants to go to a one-off show....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Get the first train from Falmer to Lewes. If it's going to Eastbourne, job done. If it's NOT going to Eastbourne, get on it anyway and get off at Lewes. You can then pick up the next Eastbourne train coming from Falmer in the wide expanse of civilised space that is Lewes station. If you're timing is right, you can even catch the equally civilised London train to Eastbourne at Lewes. The important thing is to get off that cramped shitty platform at Falmer asap. Thank me later! :thumbsup:
good advice - looks better than i first thought.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I've used the train to Eastbourne a few times. I always stay in my seat in WSU until the last Albion player leaves the pitch, then go with my dad to the coach park to make sure he finds his coach.

Then I make my way to the station, where the queue moves quickly, and I have always made it back to Eastbourne before 6.30..
thanks for that - looking at the time table is one thing as experience is a much better for doing an assessment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah you and everyone else!

I've never actually done it myself so I'll bow to the superior knowledge of others on here who seem to think it's doable.

I'm just going on the texts I get from him about when he gets home and the all seem to be late (that may be me collectively remembering later kick off though) Or he's a got a bit on the side and he's using the football as cover!

Also he's a doddery old tart, so probably doesn't show the most hustle anyone's ever seen.

Well I will find out on the 12th.... hopefully you are wrong (please don't take this the wrong way)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Always get the first train to Lewes if on the platform at Falmer as pointed out, however you'll be fine. I've been doing it long enough, you'll be in Eastbourne by 1820 at the latest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here