Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex to become part standing .......... ?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I can see them doing it for two reasons I think it will happen 1. Revenue and 2. The punters want it. To deny the punter what he wants is daft. the club listened on the beer thing and well, I think they are glad they did. Listening and responding to the punter is what its all about in all industries. Football no different.

Introducing beer is one thing, not the huge cost it would be to rip out seating and then have to install safe standing, would cost the club 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands of pounds, which on top of ffp is a pretty stupid idea.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not for me. I love my WSU seat, with a bit of non-persistant standing.

But I think there should be an element of choice in the lower tier.

However, I'd feel sorry for those who like where they are and would have to move if their section was converted and they still wanted to sit.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think it will be fantastic - Derby have been supporters of it for quite some time so really looking forward to standing in a 45,000 crowd at the iPro!!

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Loved standing on the terraces and it's been great visiting places like P'boro (until recently) and Yeovil where you could still do it. Heart would say "yes" to this at the Amex but fear it might end up being a disappointment seeking to recreate Goldstone nostalgia when those days have long gone. On balance would probably stay with seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here