[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Poor response from the club, I don't think anyone is expecting no environmental impact from the stadium. I think many of us are just asking for a solution to be looked into that could minimise the light pollution. Its reflected light surely it would be in the clubs interest to have that lost light energy going into the grass no the sky!

yes, the club should come up with a way to capture and recycle light energy. some of the boffins over the road at Sussex might help.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poor response from the club, I don't think anyone is expecting no environmental impact from the stadium. I think many of us are just asking for a solution to be looked into that could minimise the light pollution. Its reflected light surely it would be in the clubs interest to have that lost light energy going into the grass no the sky!

The last part doesn't make any sense at all but, in general, that's a perfectly fair response from the club and should close the matter.

Reminds me of Bea Perez‘s response.

Seeing as you're a Palace fan who can't see the Amex from where you live with a telescope I couldn't care less if it reminds you of Simon Jordan's response to the administrated Palace's creditors. It's none of your business.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
“Beyond our responsibilities to the athletes, and to the fans who pay to expect to watch a high quality football match, the quality of our pitch can significantly influence our performance and therefore our results. Indeed, its quality can create a (legally) competitive advantage – or a disadvantage.

:lolol::bla::laugh:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'the quality of our pitch can significantly influence our performance and therefore our results. Indeed, its quality can create a (legally) competitive advantage – or a disadvantage'

Anyone else find this bit particularly incoherent? Are they saying we gain a (legally) competitive advantage if the pitch is in better shape? Or we lose a (legally) competitive advantage if the pitch is in worse shape? Or is 'club spokesman' just trying to beat the opposition over the head with his word count?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is there really any evidence that leaving floodlights on improves grass growth? Seems a pretty crass less waste of energy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is there really any evidence that leaving floodlights on improves grass growth? Seems a pretty crass less waste of energy.

they arent leaving flood lights on, its specific lamps targeted at the ground for purpose. wouldnt do it if it wasn't a help

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Another one who is against what we are doing without even coming close to understanding it :facepalm:

Exactly why I consider such petitions worthless.

It's not floodlights, they are special grass-growing lights and every decent club uses them. Anyone who has commuted in and out of London Bridge will have seen them being used at Millwall. There's a pictiure of them at Wembley on this thread :ffsparr:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Seeing as you're a Palace fan who can't see the Amex from where you live with a telescope I couldn't care less if it reminds you of Simon Jordan's response to the administrated Palace's creditors. It's none of your business.

Seeing as I still have a property 13 miles from the Amex, have friends and family in the area, and drive past the Amex Stadium regularly, I think it is my business actually. What right have you to dictate whether or not someone has the right to comment on something?

My views on this have absolutely nothing to do with being a palace fan, it’s not my only defining attribute in life.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Of course it works, engage your brain FFS.

There's entire industries that grow plants under artificial light.

growhouseinterior-magnum.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really is this all people have to moan about, you'd have to pretty sad to stare out of your window all night and complaining???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seeing as I still have a property 13 miles from the Amex, have friends and family in the area, and drive past the Amex Stadium regularly, I think it is my business actually. What right have you to dictate whether or not someone has the right to comment on something?

My views on this have absolutely nothing to do with being a palace fan, it’s not my only defining attribute in life.

Have you started a petition to Sussex University, to get them to stop light pollution?

CB88B3D7-EEE2-4463-B497-615AFE03C0D4.jpeg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The way we’ve been playing recently, perhaps a ploughed field would be better anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The way we’ve been playing recently, perhaps a ploughed field would be better anyway.

HHmm. As our game is based upon passing, I'd suggest that would be counter-productive.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Hopefully any Albion fan that has signed the petition or thinking about signing will read this.

As well as those who haven’t signed!

I accept that, as stated, the club can’t limit the use of the lights but significantly there is no mention of any investigation regards limiting the impact the lights are having, (such as covers).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hopefully any Albion fan that has signed the petition or thinking about signing will read this.

I was ambivalent until Barber waded in but having just read that essay of tosh I've felt compelled to sign the petition and share with friends and family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports