[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Light pollution worse when there's a low thick mist *SHOCKER*

But won't you think of the STAR GAZERS who could be staring straight up at some CLOUDS if it wasn't for our evil light pollution. Not to mention the poor INSECTS who don't exist in January.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But won't you think of the STAR GAZERS who could be staring straight up at some CLOUDS if it wasn't for our evil light pollution. Not to mention the poor INSECTS who don't exist in January.

As referenced earlier, Chichester's light pollution is clearly visible from Clumping, some 5 miles away, so clear in fact I'd say you could double the distance were it not for all the other light pollution further afield.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So where is the protest against the lit seafront and pavilion at night? Or the roads or the university or the marina or any of the other sources of light pollution in the city?

I don’t know what steps Brighton are taking but many councils are taking light pollution seriously. Sodium lights are being replaced, lamp posts are being redesigned and lights are being switched off.

In any case what sort of argument is it to say that others are causing pollution therefore our pollution isn’t a problem?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I don’t know what steps Brighton are taking but many councils are taking light pollution seriously. Sodium lights are being replaced, lamp posts are being redesigned and lights are being switched off.

In any case what sort of argument is it to say that others are causing pollution therefore our pollution isn’t a problem?

My argument isn’t that everyone should not be looking at their light pollution contribution my issue is with a petition raised directly against the football club only. As I said in an earlier post we battled to build a stadium as allegedly we were ruining the SDNP yet the University opposite expands without complaint. Now we are killing insects and having a devastating impact on people’s well-being yet there are countless examples of other contributors yet nobody up in arms about any of them.

If people are serious about tackling the issue then maybe a bit of consistency would be nice. Otherwise it just looks like a lot of virtue signalling against an easy target

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
My argument isn’t that everyone should not be looking at their light pollution contribution my issue is with a petition raised directly against the football club only. As I said in an earlier post we battled to build a stadium as allegedly we were ruining the SDNP yet the University opposite expands without complaint. Now we are killing insects and having a devastating impact on people’s well-being yet there are countless examples of other contributors yet nobody up in arms about any of them.

If people are serious about tackling the issue then maybe a bit of consistency would be nice. Otherwise it just looks like a lot of virtue signalling against an easy target

I agree - but it won’t help get more action against the pollution being caused at other sites by disregarding the light pollution coming from our club. Isn’t the answer more awareness of light pollution in general and taking steps to reduce this.

The biggest light, noise and air polluter near where I live is Gatwick Airport - there have been numerous complaints and some steps have been taken to reduce this but it would be good to see more being done with regards to other sources as well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A quick glance over on the scums site and they're taking great pleasure in racking the numbers up

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

What are you talking about?

The petition was raised by people who post on Brighton Skies Facebook page, they take pictures of Brighton Skies. There is huge light pollution caused by the Amex....simples.

You can see it for miles...now with the realisation that we need to look after the environment, some people are concerned about it and want something done.

Simples.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Electricity bill must be phenomenal. No wonder we can't afford a decent striker.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Over 6000 have now signed, more than the original 5000 target. I imagine the media will be asking the club some questions soon.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Over 6000 have now signed, more than the original 5000 target. I imagine the media will be asking the club some questions soon.

Wow. 6000 is less than a third of our STH total. Questions will be asked? Barber will be shaking in his boots. Virtually no experience at all in answering daft questions: :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Wow. 6000 is less than a third of our STH total. Questions will be asked? Barber will be shaking in his boots. Virtually no experience at all in answering daft questions: :lolol;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't be daft questions though. It's not an argument he can win if he dismisses it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are you talking about?

The petition was raised by people who post on Brighton Skies Facebook page, they take pictures of Brighton Skies. There is huge light pollution caused by the Amex....simples.

You can see it for miles...now with the realisation that we need to look after the environment, some people are concerned about it and want something done.

Simples.

The light pollution is also caused by Sussex & Brighton university, and the A27 lighting. If you turn off every light at the Amex, and stand in Stanmer Park, I doubt you’d see more than half a dozen stars.
But it’s all the fault of the club, apparently.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The light pollution is also caused by Sussex & Brighton university, and the A27 lighting. If you turn off every light at the Amex, and stand in Stanmer Park, I doubt you’d see more than half a dozen stars.
But it’s all the fault of the club, apparently.

That is somewhat tenuous.

These days people are more aware about the environment and it’s no good the council spending thousands replacing the yellow street lights because of light pollution yet allowing something like this.

I read somewhere that in Europe they are looking at using white light instead of yellow light rigs.

That would kill this issue stone dead

5k now signed the petition. It’s not just some tree huggers now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here