[Albion] Amex expansion.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am not a regular attendee (obviously) but in my experience of going to watch the Albion going back to the Goldstone, the best generator of any atmosphere has been based on performance or anger.
If the crowd feels hard done by they vent.
If the team is playing well and looking to score goals, then the atmosphere improves as the crowd gets excited.

In my visits to the Amex, the best atmosphere has been in the Championship seasons when we were winning home games.
I love us being in the Premier League but do miss regular home wins.

Performance :lolol:
Home wins. Showing off your memory.

So it’s narrowed down to the anger option of late, always the fault of officials.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Performance :lolol:
Home wins. Showing off your memory.

So it’s narrowed down to the anger option of late, always the fault of officials.

Patherically so on Saturday l thought, I think l must have been the only fan in the stadium who actually thought Mike Dean had a pretty good game.

Liverpool were simply, quicker, stronger, and had the nous how to win a football match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Because like it or not the North Stand is our best chance of getting some atmosphere going - with maybe one day, a proper safe standing area too. The Amex atmosphere is shite these days. The last thing it needs is the home kop being infiltrated by more prawn sandwich brigade tossers who don't give a shit about the match and are only there for the 3 course meal (yes i know that doesn't apply to everyone and there are some proper fans in 1901 too)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I don’t see how having a small tier on the North Stand would impact the atmosphere in any way? They wouldn’t be taking the seats of anyone downstairs, they wouldn’t be swanning around the concourse, they’d likely have their own entrance, other than having a small ceiling (which might actually help atmosphere) there’d be very little reason to actually know that they were there.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don’t see how having a small tier on the North Stand would impact the atmosphere in any way? They wouldn’t be taking the seats of anyone downstairs, they wouldn’t be swanning around the concourse, they’d likely have their own entrance, other than having a small ceiling (which might actually help atmosphere) there’d be very little reason to actually know that they were there.
Well the police box drowns out any noise from those underneath it for starters.

If there's space for more seats make them more affordable so more people can go perhaps?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well the police box drowns out any noise from those underneath it for starters.

If there's space for more seats make them more affordable so more people can go perhaps?

But that’s just a box, not a tier? I fail to see how a lower roof would muffle sounds but hey ho.

Not sure more seats are needed, plenty of empties around the whole ground as it is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Patherically so on Saturday l thought, I think l must have been the only fan in the stadium who actually thought Mike Dean had a pretty good game.

Liverpool were simply, quicker, stronger, and had the nous how to win a football match.

Most did I think, apart from not sending off Sanchez and not awarding the pen from Biss on Salah. VAR useless though.

He's way better than Friend and Atkinson.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
From today's programme

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2535381/read-paul-barbers-spurs-programme-notes

We will be turning our attention back to our plans to further improve matchday facilities for fans at the Amex.

Contrary to social media speculation, these plans do not include a second tier of seating in the North Stand – as nice as this would be, it isn’t physically possible! And neither do our plans include a new hospitality lounge above the current North Stand seating.

Instead, our focus will be on creating better facilities for all fans in the stadium’s external areas to include a more varied food and drink offering, covered space, facilities for both pre-match and post-match entertainment, and external toilets – all designed to encourage earlier arrival at the stadium and later departures which, in turn, should help smooth congestion before and after matches.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Well that is very odd... why submit a detailed planning application with drawings for something that isn’t physically possible? And these plans are hardly “social media speculation”.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From today's programme

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2535381/read-paul-barbers-spurs-programme-notes

We will be turning our attention back to our plans to further improve matchday facilities for fans at the Amex.

Contrary to social media speculation, these plans do not include a second tier of seating in the North Stand – as nice as this would be, it isn’t physically possible! And neither do our plans include a new hospitality lounge above the current North Stand seating.

Instead, our focus will be on creating better facilities for all fans in the stadium’s external areas to include a more varied food and drink offering, covered space, facilities for both pre-match and post-match entertainment, and external toilets – all designed to encourage earlier arrival at the stadium and later departures which, in turn, should help smooth congestion before and after matches.

In plain English: All designed to encourage maximum profit from our supporters.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
So many empty seats tonight. I don't think we need any more added anyway.

Well you see there has been this pandemic thing, and a lot of people are still nervous about packed public transport to an out of town stadium and mixing among big crowds. Tonight I noticed that a lot of the older folk and those with young kids who are usually near me were not there. Oh and we can't score any goals at home which has got tedious.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well that is very odd... why submit a detailed planning application with drawings for something that isn’t physically possible? And these plans are hardly “social media speculation”.

Barber is gaslighting us!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Barber has lost the plot.

He had programmes notes and/or an article on the website where he specifically mentioned ‘The Northern Lights’ lounge and the extra tier about a year or so ago.

Why pretend it wasn’t said and then blame it on the fans?

There were pretty detailed plans of the tier on the council website. What next? He’ll say that the North East Corner hospitality area was never a thing.

I’m extremely disappointed about this, it seemed like a done deal. They said they were going to increase the capacity to 32,500. This could put us in line for an England international match. Now all stopped.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Barber has lost the plot.

He had programmes notes and/or an article on the website where he specifically mentioned ‘The Northern Lights’ lounge and the extra tier about a year or so ago.

Why pretend it wasn’t said and then blame it on the fans?

There were pretty detailed plans of the tier on the council website. What next? He’ll say that the North East Corner hospitality area was never a thing.

I’m extremely disappointed about this, it seemed like a done deal. They said they were going to increase the capacity to 32,500. This could put us in line for an England international match. Now all stopped.
We are skint that's the answer

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports