Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am unclear on the “social media reports” pretty sure plans for a shelf and new bar were posted on here, but assume it was considered (why put the plans in) but decided to not proceed

They were very detailed plans, it’s not like somebody knocked them up on clip art. Shame really, would have made the stadium look more complete.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good news that they aren't putting in a new lounge in the North Stand - i can't be arsed to trawl back through this whole thread but I'm pretty sure that info was from a planning application submitted to the council, so v pleasing it's been binned.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, why does this please you so much? Potential revenue stream, increased capacity and make the stadium look better overall.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Out of curiosity, why does this please you so much? Potential revenue stream, increased capacity and make the stadium look better overall.
Because like it or not the North Stand is our best chance of getting some atmosphere going - with maybe one day, a proper safe standing area too. The Amex atmosphere is shite these days. The last thing it needs is the home kop being infiltrated by more prawn sandwich brigade tossers who don't give a shit about the match and are only there for the 3 course meal (yes i know that doesn't apply to everyone and there are some proper fans in 1901 too)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am unclear on the “social media reports” pretty sure plans for a shelf and new bar were posted on here, but assume it was considered (why put the plans in) but decided to not proceed

They were.

These plans were submitted to and approved by the council too.

Perhaps they got planning permission prior to finding out if the new (very shallow) NS 1901 shelf and lounge were structurally possible or financially viable?

It seems both have been cancelled permanently.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As far as I can recall, the drawings NSC provided to the club were construction ready.

attachment.php

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
All found at: https://planningapps.brighton-hove....earch.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

BH2013/01356

Think these have been on there since March. There is also a very interesting report about the economic impact. They reckon the extra fans will make the ground 0.2 dB louder [emoji38]ol:

Seems to be some sort of objection from the council about the roads.

North Stand not getting increased quite as much as some of us thought. Looks like about 350.

We were right to think that the South East Corner would be mirrored in the North East Corner.

A transport assessment also says what our actual attendances were.

View attachment 126246
View attachment 126247
View attachment 126248
View attachment 126249
View attachment 126250

Just in case anyone wants to read Barber's "social media speculation" i decided i could be arsed to find the original detail kindly posted above

Not sure why he's felt the need to tell the fanbase that Social Media is wrong if what he actually means is that they've changed plans?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just in case anyone wants to read Barber's "social media speculation" i decided i could be arsed to find the original detail kindly posted above

Not sure why he's felt the need to tell the fanbase that Social Media is wrong if what he actually means is that they've changed plans?

Great bounce Terry.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As far as I can recall, the drawings NSC provided to the club were construction ready.

attachment.php

Would love to see this happen rather than the lounge/boxes they had proposed. Though the camera gantry and police box would have to be removed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The quote is "Contrary to social media speculation, these plans do not include a second tier of seating in the North Stand – as nice as this would be, it isn’t physically possible! "
Not sure i've seen much speculation about this recently , although Barber presumably has , and it does pop up from time to time including threads on here. But fair enough. That was never in the plans although the hospitality stuff that was now looks like it has been tweaked.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
No North Shelf according to PB in the program notes for tonight’s game

“we will be turning our attention back to our plans to further improve matchday facilities for fans at the Amex.

Contrary to social media speculation, these plans do not include a second tier of seating in the North Stand – as nice as this would be, it isn’t physically possible! And neither do our plans include a new hospitality lounge above the current North Stand seating.”

I am a little puzzled by Paul Barber's comments. They had plans approved for a small second tier in the North stand with the offices behind converted to a hospitality lounge and two boxes. This wasn't social media speculation.

AmexExpansion1.PNG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

attachment.php

As is always the way.
The clueless goons on here spout rubbish until finally an actual professional steps up and makes all the noise a reality.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hire a medium sized crane, lift the existing roof, drop another 20 rows in, slowly lower down the roof back in place.

5 minute job.

On a side note, the rubbish that safe standing will make it all good is utter tosh. Everyone in the Norff stands anyhow, and the 3 different sections singing different songs is diluting it all significantly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because like it or not the North Stand is our best chance of getting some atmosphere going - with maybe one day, a proper safe standing area too. The Amex atmosphere is shite these days. The last thing it needs is the home kop being infiltrated by more prawn sandwich brigade tossers who don't give a shit about the match and are only there for the 3 course meal (yes i know that doesn't apply to everyone and there are some proper fans in 1901 too)

I am not a regular attendee (obviously) but in my experience of going to watch the Albion going back to the Goldstone, the best generator of any atmosphere has been based on performance or anger.
If the crowd feels hard done by they vent.
If the team is playing well and looking to score goals, then the atmosphere improves as the crowd gets excited.

In my visits to the Amex, the best atmosphere has been in the Championship seasons when we were winning home games.
I love us being in the Premier League but do miss regular home wins.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am a little puzzled by Paul Barber's comments. They had plans approved for a small second tier in the North stand with the offices behind converted to a hospitality lounge and two boxes. This wasn't social media speculation.

View attachment 146077

Think we're all a bit puzzled by Barber's comments given most of us on NSC had seen the plans that had got planning approval. He's an odd one at times, that's for sure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No need to waste more money on expanding the Amex - plenty of empty seats to fill! I'm sure the extra loos outside the ground will be appreciated though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not a regular attendee (obviously) but in my experience of going to watch the Albion going back to the Goldstone, the best generator of any atmosphere has been based on performance or anger.
If the crowd feels hard done by they vent.
If the team is playing well and looking to score goals, then the atmosphere improves as the crowd gets excited.

In my visits to the Amex, the best atmosphere has been in the Championship seasons when we were winning home games.
I love us being in the Premier League but do miss regular home wins.

As probably the greatest poster on NSC is prone to write.

'We are and always have been a reactive home crowd - never a proactive one'.

#Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here