Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It will be the loss of almost all the 1901 club parking.

I agree, I wonder where he’ll gain road access?

The Falmer parish minutes did mention student accommodation would have 200 parking spaces underneath. Could easily imagine a scenario where they would be for club use and students would have to be car free as some of the other uni student accommodation is car free.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No surprise, it will be a privately owned student accommodation block. Developed and run by Teklon.

Thank for posting that. Looks like they'll be cramming them in! Would have been a good site for a pub. Matchdays and students would keep them in business.

Can you find anything for that empty house on the corner by the entrance to the bridge carpark? Been empty for a few years now. Again another site that would be good for a pub.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Some might enjoy it more! Imagine going to every home league match knowing you’re in with a great chance of scoring and winning. :smile:

Our Championship attendances would be fine. If a few thousand JCL’s who got the Albion bug with the PL in sight, ditch us, others may take their seats one way or another.

Exactly, and we’ll still have good crowds if we go down and add another 2,000 seats or not. Saying that, I don’t think the club will want to add to the capacity if we do go down and therefor won’t mention anymore expansion plans until we’ve guaranteed safety this season.

Sometimes I imagine us in League 1 just to see how big our crowds would be so we could destroy the ‘plastic’ argument :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sometimes I imagine us in League 1 just to see how big our crowds would be so we could destroy the ‘plastic’ argument :lolol:

Oooh no no no don't say that.........imagine the meltdown on here with 2 relegations in a row.:ohmy:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oooh no no no don't say that.........imagine the meltdown on here with 2 relegations in a row.:ohmy:

With the smaller crowds, we might be able to get the North Stand singers together! :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly, and we’ll still have good crowds if we go down and add another 2,000 seats or not. Saying that, I don’t think the club will want to add to the capacity if we do go down and therefor won’t mention anymore expansion plans until we’ve guaranteed safety this season.

I completely disregard the plastic argument. Who’s it come from ... a couple of hypocritical palace trolls, and perhaps some doom-mongers who talk the Albion down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stadium size seems about right to me. Even for pre-season friendlies or early round cup matches it looks respectably populated. Big worry is if they don't expand capacity, then it's a simple tap-in to increase ticket prices

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stadium size seems about right to me. Even for pre-season friendlies or early round cup matches it looks respectably populated. Big worry is if they don't expand capacity, then it's a simple tap-in to increase ticket prices

Barber’s said they going to increase it by a few hundred, or by 2,000 going by planning stuff quoted in this thread.

The obvious places - NE and SE corners, and potentially the back of the NS?

32,750 and a more complete look, will do nicely.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I completely disregard the plastic argument. Who’s it come from ... a couple of hypocritical palace trolls, and perhaps some doom-mongers who talk the Albion down.

True, but I think a lot of fans of other teams probably think similar, I’ve seen it on a lot of other boards. Would be nice to put it to bed, although I hope it never comes to that really.

We are still considered as quite small by most fans in this country. Getting 20,000+ in League 1 would go a long way to changing that. Winning the FA Cup would do that too, and I’d much rather we did that! That’s why I think the FA Cup is so important, but that’s another discussion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be said that the vast tarmac apron outside the North Stand is, from an accountant's point of view, pretty much wasted space. Obvious target area to vastly increase capacity. Cost a fair bit of money tho, alongside all the usual planning bolleux hoops to jump through at vast expense

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True, but I think a lot of fans of other teams probably think similar, I’ve seen it on a lot of other boards. Would be nice to put it to bed, although I hope it never comes to that really.

We are still considered as quite small by most fans in this country. Getting 20,000+ in League 1 would go a long way to changing that. Winning the FA Cup would do that too, and I’d much rather we did that! That’s why I think the FA Cup is so important, but that’s another discussion.

I’m happy with us staying in the PL/Championship, we have nothing to prove to doubting Thomas’s at other clubs.

Football evolves. I remember Stains getting 15,000 crowds for many years boxed in at The Dell, conversely Burnley and Preston used to win titles.

With the influx of money into the game, many clubs are now getting the stadia to match their catchment area and interest in the game. It hasn’t stopped. Huge increases planned at Molyneux and Anfield for example.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I have my outline plans for Goldstone II as well . . . . 40 000 capacity, 10 000 standing in the North stand . . . . . . . short walk from Hove stn too don't you know.View attachment 120324

To scale (pretty much)
0A2A4A4C-D010-43A6-A59D-075F4EC2E04F.jpeg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a Naylor ‘exclusive’ on The Athletic.

NSC. Scoop central

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he quote a number, either for the increase in seats, or potential capacity?
Or is he using the 32,750 from Falmer Parish Council?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Any links? ???

Does he quote a number, either for the increase in seats, or potential capacity?
Or is he using the 32,750 from Falmer Parish Council?

Approx 2,000

Consultants engaged and ratified at Thursday’s board meeting - not clear if today or last week.

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1230868676955471873?s=21

Exclusive: Brighton planning Amex expansion https://theathletic.com/1624772/2020/02/21/brighton-amex-stadium-expansion/?source=shared-article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So, Brighton average 30k odd with a city population of 280k. Leeds are averaging 35k odd this season in the largest one-club City in England - 820k people. But if you listen to many Leeds fans it's a matter of moral superiority that they have so many fans. Ppffff.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

el punal

So, Brighton average 30k odd with a city population of 280k. Leeds are averaging 35k odd this season in the largest one-club City in England - 820k people. But if you listen to many Leeds fans it's a matter of moral superiority that they have so many fans. Ppffff.

Sounds good but it doesn’t tell the whole story, Manchester has a population of 510,746 (2011 census) of which 43 are United fans. The rest are from Torquay, Dublin, Phuket, Brisbane, Milton Keynes, Great Snoring, Little Snoring . . . . . :drink:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Population of E and W Sussex is 1.3m. Take Crawley out of the equation (non-league attendances at best) then we have a large catchment area to draw from. One club county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here