Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Candy Wagons

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
We dont know the facts. For all we know , someone had an alergic reaction resulting in a very serious life threating incident, and some have gone for the "club wants to make more money" angle

Even if that isnt the case then there are other implications

When I was running a small business, the health standards team when visiting made it very clear that there was a fine of something like £20 000 per INCIDENT, so in this case that is EVERY bag of sweets mislabled. That very quickly adds up

Can you imaginne what would happen should someone die, and it comes out that the club knew of another incident but let the trading continue

Sometimes shitty things result in what is probably simply a small error-but the consequences could be horrific

weymouthmick

Mar 14, 2014
I liked the milk bottles that they did they were the only ones that tasted as I remembered from when I was younger, they stopped selling them at the kiosk apparently not a big seller and the dust on them was messy, I emailed Kevin (stadium sweets) and he said if I told him when I was going what stand I was in and how many bags I wanted he would provide them, which he did every time, excellent customer service going to be missed by me, will have to get them direct from his shop now

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Shame but presuming it is a nut allergy mislabelling there is no coming back from that whatever the excuse

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
We dont know the facts. For all we know , someone had an alergic reaction resulting in a very serious life threating incident, and some have gone for the "club wants to make more money" angle

Even if that isnt the case then there are other implications

When I was running a small business, the health standards team when visiting made it very clear that there was a fine of something like £20 000 per INCIDENT, so in this case that is EVERY bag of sweets mislabled. That very quickly adds up

Can you imaginne what would happen should someone die, and it comes out that the club knew of another incident but let the trading continue

Sometimes shitty things result in what is probably simply a small error-but the consequences could be horrific
But surely if the offending items/supplier has been investigate/fined and removed why does the whole show have to be terminated.

Does this mean that if Sodexo mislabels or buys in a mislabeled product then they will lose their entire franchise at the Amex ? (Some may say hopefully....)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I assume it was nuts so a serious issues. Sodexo should have their contract removed as it was their subcontractor. Add to this the number of times the pies and burgers are at best warm so shouldn’t be sold. I’ve had their manager in removing all the burgers before as they were nearly cold. So Sodexo could be doing mass food poisoning

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I assume it was nuts so a serious issues. Sodexo should have their contract removed as it was their subcontractor. Add to this the number of times the pies and burgers are at best warm so shouldn’t be sold. I’ve had their manager in removing all the burgers before as they were nearly cold. So Sodexo could be doing mass food poisoning
Bet you’re fun at parties

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would think so…….must have had a serious impact on someone (although as usual the comments under the post have immediately gone into conspiracy theory type stuff - Sodexo looking for an excuse to kick them out and sell sweets themselves etc etc)
Lets face it this site wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the conspiracy theory brigade. It is a shame though, just one small mistake . . .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Assuming it was allergen related, given some high profile cases and unfortunate there is no excuse really

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whilst conceding that Sodexo are from from brilliant, l don't believe they are really any better or worse than most catering companies, dealing with and serving tens of thousands of customers within a few short hours is far from easy, and remember the club sacked two catering companies within a very short time just after the Amex opened, before Sodexo were appointed.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
But surely if the offending items/supplier has been investigate/fined and removed why does the whole show have to be terminated.

Does this mean that if Sodexo mislabels or buys in a mislabeled product then they will lose their entire franchise at the Amex ? (Some may say hopefully....)
That would depend on whether or not the "risk" of a repeat was assesed as high enough to warrant that.

As I wrote in my original post-we dont know the facts so its hard to speculate on the reasoning behind the decision and therefore whether its reasonable or not to have removed the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here