Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amber warning for hot weather.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Isn’t there a train strike on Saturday? Or are Southern staff not involved with this one?

Southern are not on strike. Trains should be running.

While that's been on a couple of other threads my commuting experience over the last couple of weeks would suggest you can expect last minute cancellations due to Covid*

*nice weather and unofficial action

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Houses did burn down but let's get some perspective, these houses didn't simply get so hot that they just burst into flames :lolol:

People were leaving things like spectacles and wine glasses on window-sills which inevitably caused fires. They do every summer. They were just made more of a deal of this year because the heat wave was shifting papers.

Personally the heat doesn't affect me day to day. I am sensible enough to keep hydrated, cover up and keep in the shade during the heat of the day.

I'm much more concerned with the fact it is an indicator of climate change. The whole "Britain is on fire" narrative is feeble and clearly designed to create headlines, meanwhile the causes of the change are largely being ignored by those in power and influence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday a fella I work with looked up into the clear blue sky, and was watching a plane flying overhead.
He said:-

"oh imagine being on that flying off to somewhere hot".

To which I replied:-

"You idiot, you have spent all f**king day moaning about being too hot, too hot to work, sleep, and eat, now you're fantasizing about being somewhere hotter - you sir are a moron"...

...HR this morning. :lol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1557335410757492738[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here