Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amber warning for hot weather.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to seeing the same people who were very vocal about how we were all panicking about the hot weather a few weeks ago then mysteriously disappeared when those houses burned down telling us we're all panicking over the hot weather...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking forward to seeing the same people who were very vocal about how we were all panicking about the hot weather a few weeks ago then mysteriously disappeared when those houses burned down telling us we're all panicking over the hot weather...

When you say panicking, I assume you mean in the overreacting sense. As in panicking unnecessarily.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Save me ringing the club, can you wear shorts in the 1901?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It'll be fine. I've PLAYED when it was 35 degrees and 80% humidity in Taipei and I'm a fat mess.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That's the advantage of the SWC.

No windows acting like a greenhouse and a seat in the shade for 90 minutes watching the ESL cook themselves during the game.

Bit nippy in winter but a wooly hat fixes that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Always a dilemma in this heat……. Concourse with beer but evil
Seats nice breeze but no beer

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Exactly ..one in each half ..those in the stands can go for a beer break ..returning just in time for HT and FT
My best mate is getting married at the bandstand would you believe it on a football day..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Big difference between temps of low 30s which we have had numerous times in the past and temps of 40 degrees!!!

That said, there were a few idiots around who thought 40 degrees was a walk in the park.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’ve just spent the afternoon doing stuff in the hot weather. Had a lovely afternoon, didn’t panic. More stuff planned every day this week and will be taking sensible precautions. If you are worried make sure you drink plenty of water and stay in the shade.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Met Office ‘long’ range forecast August 14th/23rd…seems to indicate a bit of relief from the dry stuff ….and then a bit more?

It will be an initially dry and very warm start to this period for most with some early mist or fog patches possible. The Northern Isles, and perhaps far northwest Scotland, may see cloud and patchy drizzle at times. From Monday, areas of rain or showers can be expected. Developing from the southwest, we may see showers turning thundery throughout the week across southwest England and Wales. Meanwhile the southeast may see more generally rainy conditions. More changeable weather prevails through this period, with risk of heavier showers or thunderstorms continuing, but clear and dry spells in between become possible for many. Temperatures initially cooling down to nearer normal and feeling humid, but returning to warm or very warm, becoming locally hot in much of England and Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here