Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Amazon prime com

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have ducked in and out of Amazon Prime over the past twelve months and had some scam calls re them autorenewing saying they had debited my account and I should hit “1” to stop it. I ignored it but it does make me wonder if the have a leak in their systems whereby a database has been hijacked.
My elderly stepfather got ripped off a few times but Barclays were pretty good about refunding money. He used to get around 2 or 3 dodgy calls a week. I got a system called truecall installed that enables me to manage his incoming and outgoing calls. I can review this on an app. It really is a great help for people managing relatives with dementia.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
My Dad had the same call as the OP 6 weeks ago, he’s normally quite savvy, but they convinced him, but it was my ‘can’t even work the TV remote’ Mum who got him to hang up as he was about to install the app on his iPad.

He’s not heard the last one of that since! :smile:

We’ve had to change my Grandad’s landline number as he was on so many scam databases that it was getting ridiculous. He had 3 separate warranties on his Sky box, a new 2yr warranty on his 10 yr old washing machine costing more than a new machine, and countless other things. He must have been down as a sales ‘dead cert’. He is 98, but been doing this sort of thing for years.

these lowlife ars wholes make me feel sick in the pit of my stomach, poor old fella, and what makes it worse is there so many other getting caught out.

lord how they all deserve a right good kickin

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My phone alerts me to scammer calls whilst it is ringing and gives me the option to block it straight away. I always exercise this option and over time stop getting them.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If I don't recognise the number, I won't answer. It goes to voicemail or they call me back.
I haven't had a scam call for weeks now.

If you are a BT customer and dial 1572 after a scam or annoying call you can block it for the future. Done it a few times and barely get a pointless call again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have ducked in and out of Amazon Prime over the past twelve months and had some scam calls re them autorenewing saying they had debited my account and I should hit “1” to stop it. I ignored it but it does make me wonder if the have a leak in their systems whereby a database has been hijacked.
My elderly stepfather got ripped off a few times but Barclays were pretty good about refunding money. He used to get around 2 or 3 dodgy calls a week. I got a system called truecall installed that enables me to manage his incoming and outgoing calls. I can review this on an app. It really is a great help for people managing relatives with dementia.

I thought the same, why did so many of us Amazon Prime members get the same email on the same day?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you are a BT customer and dial 1572 after a scam or annoying call you can block it for the future. Done it a few times and barely get a pointless call again.

I can block numbers on my phone, no matter who my provider.

NOWTV is our telephone & broadband provider & a lot cheaper than BT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here