Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Yes it is but it is illegal for a teacher to have a relationship with a pupil under 18. In fact I am not sure what the rule is for over 18, I assume a uni lecturer cannot have a relationship with a student.

Is it!???!!!

Oh Shit !!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Paedophile is not the correct term. Just to inform you.
Nonetheless, I reckon he's a bit of a moron and this should knock some sense into him. I mean public twitter messages?! COME ON!

Erm...also it's wrong and an abuse of trust, yada yada. I don't think her age is that important really, but the fact she was his pupil is the crux.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He was trusted by the state to teach her, not have sex with her. Its illegal at the end of the day, he took her to France with no permission from her parents - regardless of whether she wanted to or not - she isnt an adult.

LOTS of kids find 1 or 2 of their teachers fit - but if one of the kids tries it on with you, you dont go along with it and ruin your life.

el punal

they obviously loved eachother.

she was 15, and in tons of countries you can marry at that age.

old enought to bleed, old enough to breed......15 year old girls have pretty much ALL had sex these days and are much more mature than 15 year old boys.

i could understand the problem if it was against her will, but she loved him too.

leave them too it i say.

now he will go to jail, get beaten up, and lose all reputation.....for what? loving a girl who also loved him?

4 pages of disagreements should pass the time till gus gets sacked.

Do you have daughters by any chance?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
But that's my point there cannot be any teachers who cannot deal with it, if you cannot control yourself to stay away sexually from the children under your care you should not be teaching them. Saying some are better at it than others is totally unacceptable.

Your point is correct but was not the one I was making in my reply to somebody else.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was under the impression a pedo was someone who was attracted to children and not teenagers. The term for this chap is 'sexual predator' I think.

I can only assume those backing him up are either fishing, between the ages of 14-18 or fat speccy virgins with almost no clue. A 30 year old geezer has NO business being with a 14-15 year old, I don't give a **** what country it is in. A 15 year old girl might look like a fully functioning and attractive young woman, but her mind mentally is nowhere near that of adulthood (in most cases anyway). If it was a 16, 17 or even 18 year old (and he wasn't a teacher) then it could be deemed acceptable. I'm sure many of us fingerblasted the occasional under age girl in our late teens, that's standard. But I doubt most normal blokes would have any interest in a girl so young. If they do they are a wrongun end of.

No sympathy from me. Bloke will get brutalised inside. I'd imagine he will spend most of his time on the VP wing, with the other nonces and grasses.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well then if he did anything, he might have saved her from being another teenage suicide statistic.

He didn't have to sleep with her to do that did he?

And if the OP was fishing then perhaps he'll come back on and say so. Then we can rip him to shreds for putting such a highly irresponsible 'fishing' thread on.

I've always disliked the concept of 'fishing'. It's very hard to do well, plus most posters use it as an excuse when they realize they've posted something wrong and it shows disrespect for other posters.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teenagers are prone to all sorts of crushes, therefore any teacher needs to be extremely wary of such things. Most schoolgirls have probably spent time considering which of their teachers are well fit and which are not (Mr Forrest would, I'm sure, fit into most people's "not" category).

Which of us didn't fancy someone at the age of fourteen that we're quite embarrassed to admit now (be that a teacher or someone famous)?

Who knows, it might turn out to be the love story of the decade, and when he gets out of prison they'll live happily ever after. It's significantly more likely, however, that as she grows up and her hormones cease to drive her every waking thought, she'll look back on this episode in her life with horror and embarrassment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I assume a uni lecturer cannot have a relationship with a student.

Relationship with an undergraduate would not be allowed. If caught you would be sacked on the grounds of gross moral turpitude. There would not be a criminal case though, as the people involved would be above the age of consent. Things get a little murky though if it is a postgraduate student, all of whom tend to be at least 21.

Soapy tit***** from a student are a grey area I believe.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
He's absolutely not a paedophile. But what he did was wrong - a complete betrayal of trust.

I do have quite a lot of sympathy for him - he's obviously a fcked up dude.

But he's got to serve his porridge to discourage other teachers doing the same thing.

Interested to see if they are together in 5 years time.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Also interested to see what sentence he gets.

I feel Stuart Halls crimes were far more serious and he got only 15 months.

I suspect Forrest will get far longer.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's absolutely not a paedophile. But what he did was wrong - a complete betrayal of trust.

I do have quite a lot of sympathy for him - he's obviously a fcked up dude.

But he's got to serve his porridge to discourage other teachers doing the same thing.

Interested to see if they are together in 5 years time.
this is a very sensible post

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Also interested to see what sentence he gets.

I feel Stuart Halls crimes were far more serious and he got only 15 months.

I suspect Forrest will get far longer.

i was jus about to post exactly this - it will be very interesting to compare the two sentences.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am uncomfortable with the judge labelling him a "paedo ". There were no " images " on his pc and he seems to be a bloke, lost in a loveless marriage who lost his way. The chances are she was mature for her age and he was immature. 15 going on 20, 30 going on 20. The law states he is bang to rights and he will serve time. If he was in Spain he would not so it is a judgement of the law of the land. For me, a peado ? No. I don't sense this on this case. They may have genuinely loved each other and it appears they did. She has never blamed him. The argument is can a 15 year old know her own mind ? Maybe not. Just a tragic case but I will not throw eggs at the guy, just think he got it badly wrong and there are no winners here. The guy has issues for sure. So lets address those and find out why he did what he did first before throwing him to the Wolves imo.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think teachers don't need such discouragement, it would not enter the heads of 99.9999% of them because they are not that unprofessional/stupid/ugly (delete as necessary).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here