Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, I assume a uni lecturer cannot have a relationship with a student.

As long as they are over 18, it would be against no laws, but would probably in many cases be a breach of their terms of employment.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Your best thread ever Mr Hybrid.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My daughters 15 and I wouldn't be best pleased. So a vote for wrong.

and the winner of Mr Restrained 2013 goes to .... well done Sir.

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
As a teacher and in a position of responsibility/trust what he did was 100% wrong,but wasn't he charged with abduction? not sure he abducted her.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's kind of sad for the girl I'd think.

She'll probably now go onto have relationships with guys her own age who'll treat her like shit, destroy her self confidence,use her like a piece of meat. Hell given how common physical and verbal abuse is in relationships she's probably got a slap or two in her life to look forward too.

The important thing though is that at least they are her own age aye.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
As a teacher and in a position of responsibility/trust what he did was 100% wrong,but wasn't he charged with abduction? not sure he abducted her.

it is abduction as defined under the law,she was a minor and he took her(willing or otherwise)without her parents/guardians consent

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While I don't condone what he did at all, one little bit, the whole search for them did seem like a massive witch hunt given it appeared both of them went to France voluntarily.

I suspect he's going to be hit with a harsh jail sentence - be interesting how it compares to Stuart Hall's sentence.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Disagree. I think he took advantage of a very vulnerable young girl.

This. She didn't/doesn't love him, she idolises him. There is a difference. He should see that and temper his actions accordingly.
I would expect any man to be flattered and maybe even "tempted". But there is a big difference between liking the attention and doing something about it!!

This must be a problem for lots of teachers. How much help to they get or are we [as parents] trusting them to instinctively know what to do? Are they actively taught coping strategies to deal with this or just told "don't do it" and little else?

Anyone been on teacher training recently who can offer enlightenment

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
He was her teacher so yes he should go to jail.

But what interests me is the fact this girl gave evidence in court saying that she was complicit in it all. Okay if the trial was only shortly after the incident you could think she had been brainwashed a tad, but the trial was a year after it all happened, she has had time to think it over and evaluate if he was taking advantage in a paedo way (to an extent) or was sincere in how he thought about her.

I personally feel the charge of abduction is incorrect, it was silly for them to go to overseas, but he offered to take her back home, she refused (all of this corriborated by the girl) i think he was just acted stupidly because of the affection they both had for each other.

And no im not backing him up before anyone says im supporting him, but i feel that the charge he has been sentenced with is incorrect.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Problem is that whatever view you hold the current laws were against him and he had to stick within the law as a teacher.

Problem is the brain ends up in the trousers as I am sure many of us have experienced in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here