am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
they obviously loved eachother.

she was 15, and in tons of countries you can marry at that age.

old enought to bleed, old enough to breed......15 year old girls have pretty much ALL had sex these days and are much more mature than 15 year old boys.

i could understand the problem if it was against her will, but she loved him too.

leave them too it i say.

now he will go to jail, get beaten up, and lose all reputation.....for what? loving a girl who also loved him?

4 pages of disagreements should pass the time till gus gets sacked.

I would doubt that you are, but you really should not feel sorry for him. He behaved appallingly. He abused his position as a teacher; he abused is role in protecting her; he broke the law; he took advantage of a young girl who needed guidance; he needs to take a long hard look at his actions (I'm sure he has.)

As for your post. Take a long hard look at yourself! Disgraceful thought process. Young people need protecting and need role models. They need to approach adult relationships with a mature mind. They need to see the connection between sex, trust and self respect. Whether she'd started menstruating or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether young girls should or should not be having sex.

Reports have said that the girl was 14 when this relationship started. Fourteen.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He was her teacher so yes he should go to jail.

But what interests me is the fact this girl gave evidence in court saying that she was complicit in it all. Okay if the trial was only shortly after the incident you could think she had been brainwashed a tad, but the trial was a year after it all happened, she has had time to think it over and evaluate if he was taking advantage in a paedo way (to an extent) or was sincere in how he thought about her.

I personally feel the charge of abduction is incorrect, it was silly for them to go to overseas, but he offered to take her back home, she refused (all of this corriborated by the girl) i think he was just acted stupidly because of the affection they both had for each other.

And no im not backing him up before anyone says im supporting him, but i feel that the charge he has been sentenced with is incorrect.

Perhaps she gets treated like shit at home.

if he treats her well that would drive her to him and explain why she defends him and refused to go home.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm 16 and pretty much every girl I know is a virgin. So that and pretty much your entire post (I'm sure you're not being serious) is wrong.

All your girl mates are frigid then.

Most girls I knew at 16 were right filth bags! Thank god.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't have much sympathy with him really as he was in the wrong. What he did was entirely wrong for all the reasons outlined on this thread, and I'd be fuming if that was my daughter.

I'd have sympathy he ends up with a disproportionately long sentence, but you could say that about any crime really.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I presume the OP is fishing!

He should be imprisoned obviously but what I cannot understand is why he has 'only' been charged with abduction and not with having sex with a minor?

Oh and I have a 16 year old daughter, if he had tried it on with her I would have broken his legs!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't have much sympathy with him really as he was in the wrong. What he did was entirely wrong for all the reasons outlined on this thread, and I'd be fuming if that was my daughter.

I fuc.king bet you would! She's only about TEN!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Perhaps she gets treated like shit at home.

if he treats her well that would drive her to him and explain why she defends him and refused to go home.

If I remember correctly during the period this all happened her mother completed the divorce from her father, then met another man whom she almost immediately got pregnant with. I'm pretty sure when giving evidence the girl actually said something along the lines that she felt suicidal but felt her mother was too busy with her own affairs to help

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
This is not modern day Romeo and Juliet.
He Groomed her and with his position of trust took advantage.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
I presume the OP is fishing!

He should be imprisoned obviously but what I cannot understand is why he has 'only' been charged with abduction and not with having sex with a minor?

Oh and I have a 16 year old daughter, if he had tried it on with her I would have broken his legs!

i believe he was only charged with abduction because he was arrested in france.sex with 15 yr olds is legal there.sussex police could only extradite him under the terms of a european arrest warrant which meant that he could only be charged with abduction of a minor which is also illegal under french law.if the teacher had been arrested in the uk he would have been charged with the alleged sexual offences as well as abduction

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
This must be a problem for lots of teachers. How much help to they get or are we [as parents] trusting them to instinctively know what to do? Are they actively taught coping strategies to deal with this or just told "don't do it" and little else?

Anyone been on teacher training recently who can offer enlightenment

My personal view is that it is an age thing, the younger the teacher the greater the possibility something like this will happen as the age gap between teacher and pupil is much narrower. You have to remember some teachers can be as young as 23 in their first year of teaching which in the case of some pupils may be the same age gap between them and older brothers and sisters and in effect of a similar generation with similar interests. Then it is dependent on the maturity of the teacher to deal with the adulation, most are able to a fair few are not.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
My personal view is that it is an age thing, the younger the teacher the greater the possibility something like this will happen as the age gap between teacher and pupil is much narrower. You have to remember some teachers can be as young as 23 in their first year of teaching which in the case of some pupils may be the same age gap between them and older brothers and sisters and in effect of a similar generation with similar interests. Then it is dependent on the maturity of the teacher to deal with the adulation, most are able to a fair few are not.

Teachers are unable to use self-control?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If I remember correctly during the period this all happened her mother completed the divorce from her father, then met another man whom she almost immediately got pregnant with. I'm pretty sure when giving evidence the girl actually said something along the lines that she felt suicidal but felt her mother was too busy with her own affairs to help

Well then if he did anything, he might have saved her from being another teenage suicide statistic.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well then if he did anything, he might have saved her from being another teenage suicide statistic.

She was a vunerable child. It is possible to talk to vunerable children and help them with their problems, without having SEX with them.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think as others on here have already said, it's the abuse of trust that I have issues with. If she were a few months older and he wasn't her teacher, it would be totally legal and above board, and no doubt some people on here would see him as a bit of a legend. So I'm not sure the "paedophile" tag is necessarily correct - not saying he isn't one but not sure how easy it is to categorically say he is.

However, he was her teacher. He would be able to make himself seem impressive/funny/knowledgeable/cool etc, inevitably be in a position of showing a bit of compassion one way or another, and seeing her a huge amount of times in many different situations with different emotions etc. Therefore, it is absolutely imperative that a line is drawn (IMHO it should be a case of never, not "after 18") - not only because it is imcompatible with this situation of trust, but to protect the profession, and therefore the kids in schools, from being a magnet to paedophiles in the same way that other roles have been in the past. He knew what he did was wrong on many levels and did it anyway - no sympathy from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports