Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one ?? England on TV

boik

it's cos they're emphatically underwhelming

I get that, but it just seems to be double standards between supporting your club and supporting your country. Seems like people will only support england when they are playing well, otherwise just take great delight in slagging them off. Seems to be a game of "I care less about England than you do" on here for most internationals. Very sad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So all of those people taking great delight in England playing poorly, I presume you don't do the same when Albion have a bad game. Don't see the difference. You can't change the country you support any more than you'd change your club. England are average at the moment, but why do so many people on here take such delight in it? You can't all be Scottish?

It's fashionable. We didn't lose, we're still top of the group, & these are the games where Southgate can learn who works & who doesn't.
I'm not pretending we're good but we're not that bad either.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So all of those people taking great delight in England playing poorly, I presume you don't do the same when Albion have a bad game. Don't see the difference. You can't change the country you support any more than you'd change your club. England are average at the moment, but why do so many people on here take such delight in it? You can't all be Scottish?

Who is taking delight in it? England aren't average they are poor and have been for years.

I would love England to have a great team but it won't happen with the current clowns in charge.

Perhaps one positive to come from Brexit will be the ability to limit foreign players in our top divisions but don't hold your breath.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
These players aren't even average. A new manager means nowt. The players are poor.

That includes some new players. Individually some of them are very good at club level though - didn't show it tonight but they are..!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Where's the delight? Everyone sounds thoroughly p!ssed off, I know I am.

Anyone who thinks that was even nearly acceptable is having a laugh. There was literally nothing good offensively, defensively we were error strewn - Hart saved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I get that, but it just seems to be double standards between supporting your club and supporting your country. Seems like people will only support england when they are playing well, otherwise just take great delight in slagging them off. Seems to be a game of "I care less about England than you do" on here for most internationals. Very sad.

"very sad" is looking at your fathers baffled face when you ask him why scotland are in argentina and we are not.
a very few glimpses at the sunlit uplands since...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's fashionable. We didn't lose, we're still top of the group, & these are the games where Southgate can learn who works & who doesn't.
I'm not pretending we're good but we're not that bad either.

Sorry but that's bollocks, we could have very easily lost by three. That was classic Southgate, boring, predictable and clutching at straws. He will not learn anything because he is incapable, no vision or imagination.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry but that's bollocks, we could have very easily lost by three. That was classic Southgate, boring, predictable and clutching at straws. He will not learn anything because he is incapable, no vision or imagination.

We didn't lose by three. At least give him another game, or who else do you have in mind?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Me too. ThunderBolt you-'re talking horseshit.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Southgate is an all-out simpleton. He is distrusted by everyone in senior coaching at the FA. Very similar situation to when McClaren was in charge. But it is widely known that he is on a long and lucrative contract, so the oblivious hierachy probably want to appoint him as a yes man if they can. Hence willing england to lose tonight. A draw will do. Someone with spirit must come in.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
We didn't lose by three. At least give him another game, or who else do you have in mind?

He's in for at least two further games and so he'll have his chance. I would be very happy for him to turn it round but past performances tells me he won't. I cannot believe how bad we were. Tactically we were hopeless. We went to Slovenia and played a very defensive game at which we were crap. Our strength would have been fast quick ball but Southgate had us playing slow predictable football which Slovinia lapped up. Shocking!
I'd go for the smug ba$tard at bmouth.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think you've confused delight with anger. An easy mistake to make in fairness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here