Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I missing something - re the penalty?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does Oscar get a phone call in the morning from the ref head bod or is that just PL managers on the wrong end of an appalling decision?

Yoda

English & European
Hooper is the sort of ref whose attitude is "I'm in charge" and will ignore the advice from his assistants.

If that's the case the FL need to demote him a few divisions until he get's rid of that attitude. One of the most important things when in charge of a football game is communication.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
from wsu it looked a good tackle, though choose to reserve judgment till i saw a replay.

I have seen the replay several times, and slowed it down.

and it is a fu cking shocking decision, i think even the ref knew after he gave it.

if you see the replay and still think it is a pen, your deluded

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If that's the case the FL need to demote him a few divisions until he get's rid of that attitude. One of the most important things when in charge of a football game is communication.

I really hope the FL do look in detail and act upon awful decisions. This is worse than for example not giving a debatable pen, in that this idiot was 100% certain within a micro second of this game changing decision without any further thought or discussion with his assistants. In the same way that the PL sometimes quietly act after an awful refs decision, this guy should face some time off or be sent to referee games further down the football pyramid.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Can't believe anyone is defending the ref. he was shite all game and that was an absolute shocker of a decision which probably cost us a comfortable win and 3 points. The sort of decision that makes you wonder if it isn't only the players who are open to large envelopes of cash from Malaysian businessmen...

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Just because it is a penalty doesn't mean it was a bookable offence. It is just another foul which happens to be in the penalty area. If every foul was a bookable offence you would never finish a match.

You commit a foul in the area and concede a penalty, then it is a book able offence, the ref was clueless. Fact!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You commit a foul in the area and concede a penalty, then it is a book able offence, the ref was clueless. Fact!

First I've heard of that. Perhaps you could provide a link to where in the laws of the game it states that conceding a penalty with a foul is an automatic booking?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Never a penalty.

Also, i cant recall the Lino flagging for a "foul" either. Also, if it was actually a foul which gave away a penalty - why didnt Calde get a card ?

Why does he need to get a card ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloke went down like a sack of spuds, same as Murray used to do every other game. Referee left with no option but to give it really.

What are you talking about?! Of course he had an option. he could've seen it and called it correctly, he could've checked with the lino, he could've checked with the fourth official, he could've asked Eddie Howe, he could've asked me, he could have realised within a nano second from the reaction of all the players and 99% of the crowd that he'd ****ed up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Absolute rubbish. FACT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somebody was saying at the game that this was his first ever game in the Championship but I am not sure that is correct.

It was his 18th Championship match this season, including Bournemouth's away win at Doncaster.

(and ours at Birmingham...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here