Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe he's off to Leeds where Bielsa can turn into the footballer all of us know he can be :moo:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Aston Villa, my arse! Two reasons he’s not going there...1. . they’ve already done their transfer business before the selling of Grealish which was a clever move by them.

2. If Biss goes it will be to somewhere bigger than Villa ( with no disrespect to Villa).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Also a Brighton supporter? Very odd. Twitter in THE pits.

What's this all about then?

[tweet]1431214337151152130[/tweet]

The only public information I can think of is the frequent speeding violations which could result in him losing his license https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/19179488.amp/

This kind of thing would be higher profile if at a 'big' club, which I suppose could make them think twice about signing him, or at least of making him a marquee signing, although would it be that much of a difference maker?

Then there is whatever is going on with him and the Mali FA, why he hasn't been picked for three years, not sure if some underlying controversy with wider connotations?

Seems unlikely that there is some personal issue or other 'secret' matter that this bloke is aware of but no one else has heard rumours.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The only public information I can think of is the frequent speeding violations which could result in him losing his license https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/19179488.amp/

This kind of thing would be higher profile if at a 'big' club, which I suppose could make them think twice about signing him, or at least of making him a marquee signing, although would it be that much of a difference maker?

Then there is whatever is going on with him and the Mali FA, why he hasn't been picked for three years, not sure if some underlying controversy with wider connotations?

Seems unlikely that there is some personal issue or other 'secret' matter that this bloke is aware of but no one else has heard rumours.

That Tweet is the internet equivalent of saying "I know something you don't know" and then prancing off with a smug smile.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

He has a very flamboyant dress sense, if that's what they mean. But so did Freddie Ljungberg and he did okay at Arsenal ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aston Villa, my arse! Two reasons he’s not going there...1. . they’ve already done their transfer business before the selling of Grealish which was a clever move by them.

2. If Biss goes it will be to somewhere bigger than Villa ( with no disrespect to Villa).

It won’t be Villa, it will be a CL club (with disrespect to Villa).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

According to himself he almost died during his shoulder surgery two years ago and didnt hear a word from the Mali FA other than their manager bashing him in public for not accepting getting called up shortly after it happened. Biss didnt like it and the Mali staff are yet to apologise.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
According to himself he almost died during his shoulder surgery two years ago and didnt hear a word from the Mali FA other than their manager bashing him in public for not accepting getting called up shortly after it happened. Biss didnt like it and the Mali staff are yet to apologise.

Mad that one of our players almost died during surgery and none of us knew about it!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mad that one of our players almost died during surgery and none of us knew about it!

Yeah I was shocked to read it.

This is what he said (according to the Google Translate version of https://malivox.net/malienw-ne-baw-...ce-enfin-toutes-ses-verites-sur-magassouba/):

“I almost died on my hospital bed. I remember I had to wake up two hours after my shoulder surgery, but it took 13 hours. I come out of that and there is no more selection for me and others .. but in all this, my family (Mali) that I carry in my heart did not even send me a message of support to say: Yves , good recovery, we are with you! And is it now that they want me to come back? no it's not like that.

“There are those who say that Yves wants to play for the Ivory Coast. We don't come to the selection for the money. When you come, it is the heart that speaks. I am Malian and I love Mali. Gervinho and the president of the federation (Ivorian, editor's note) came to see me when I was still playing in Lille but I told them that I had already chosen Mali because I believe in this generation.

Magassouba, the bad guy?
“ It was from that moment (after his operation, editor's note) that I asked myself questions. I worked like crazy to come back stronger… I have nothing against Magassouba. But my agent called him several times to discuss my return to selection and he never answered… He wants the public to turn against me that's why he continues to put my name on his list knowing full well that I couldn't come because I had complications after my operation.

It's been three years since I spoke when I just had to make a statement and it's in deep shit, but I didn't. But now, Malians need to understand certain things. That I am with them, that I love them and that I have never refused to come to the selection.

They managed to turn the public against me because there are some who insult me, who insult my parents. My mom suffered a lot from it, but personally it doesn't affect me because I'm aiming too high. But I am not resentful, I forgive everyone… I am not the culprit… Malienw born baw fai, alli chini, I am with you!"

The translation looks a bit wonky compared to the automatic translation from the videos where he spoke about this, but you get the general message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here