Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It's only right and proper that Bissouma's contribution was highlighted on MOTD last weekend. Tho sadly not very helpful to the club's chances of retaining him while the transfer window remains open

I have a sneaking suspicion, that most clubs in the Premier League have a scouting system, which extends beyond MOTD analysis.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So....... I don't think Bissouma will go anywhere where he's going to sit on the bench a lot. he love splaying... you can see that and I don't think he's is in it just for the money.... so let's look at his chances of playing first team at those three clubs:

Liverpool - Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago. Even if you leave out Jones and Milner it's not looking likely unless one of those three go.

Man utd - McTominay and Fred look solid..... will be tough for Bissouma ot break in.... maybe instead of Fred.... He could replace Matic but look how many games he gets.

Arsenal - ok if they really consider letting Xhaka go there is a good chance but who would want to got to Arsenal right now? Don't think Biss has got a thing for Ben do you?

If he goes to the Reds, he’ll play a lot. Jones, Milner and Thiago would not keep him out on a regular basis. Plus the Reds have a lot more games…

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The key factor is that Bissouma only has two years left on his contract. Once this transfer window closes his value to Brighton starts to plummet unless he signs a new contract.
Hopefully we can swerve this window and sign him long term on a new contract.

If not, next summer with only a year on his contract the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal will be hovering with bids of £30m for what is currently at least a £50m player.

Stick or twist?

Agree. Get a new 5 year contract signed - with an understanding IF a bid comes in for 50million next summer he can leave?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's only right and proper that Bissouma's contribution was highlighted on MOTD last weekend. Tho sadly not very helpful to the club's chances of retaining him while the transfer window remains open

There isn't a football club in the country, and indeed in the top flights across Europe who haven't heard of Bissouma's talents.

Highlighting them on MOTD means little except educating those who watch the programme, but have just returned from Mars, and are yet to have heard of him.

Given Bissouma's 'value' will only ever go up, Tony's option to retaining him in this window are, I reckon, about one in... one.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree. Get a new 5 year contract signed - with an understanding IF a bid comes in for 50million next summer he can leave?

I don't think Tony will be held to a release value.
Who knows what the market price will be for Biss in a year's time.

A player's value can change due to many unknown factors.
If Biss is suddenly able to hit the target with every long range shot and finishes the season with 15 goals, his stock will be higher.
If we have an unbelievable season and finish in the European places, his stock will be higher.

His agent would then be arranging a deal for £50m, knowing his true value is £75m and be looking for some additional signing on money as part of a bidding war.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There isn't a football club in the country, and indeed in the top flights across Europe who haven't heard of Bissouma's talents.

Highlighting them on MOTD means little except educating those who watch the programme, but have just returned from Mars, and are yet to have heard of him.

Given Bissouma's 'value' will only ever go up, Tony's option to retaining him in this window are, I reckon, about one in... one.

Or, more enjoyably, frustrating fans of big six clubs when (we hope) they fail to sign him.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I have a sneaking suspicion, that most clubs in the Premier League have a scouting system, which extends beyond MOTD analysis.

Yes this aways makes me chuckle when I read fans’ dismay when one of our players attracts praise on MOTD or in a national paper.

You can picture it now…..Klopp turns to his recruitment team on a Monday morning: ‘okay who are we watching guys?’’

Scout: ‘well I was out with the missus for our anniversary so missed MOTD at the weekend’.

Scout 2 (looking distressed): ‘shit, boss, you ain’t gonna like this but, I WAS ILL ALL WEEKEND so didn’t listen to the pundits’ recommendations either!’

Klopp: ‘idiots! And this is exactly why City won the title last year, Those guys NEVER missed an episode and it shows,’

:)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm also speculating, but my hunch is that he'll sign a new contract soon after the window closes. It will give him a substantial pay rise, and will also include a release clause, and he'll be off next summer (I'm surprised he didn't go this summer).

Yep, I agree. Thats the sensible move from the club, and although we presumably hate release clauses, the player in this case has a strong hand. Even if the release clause isn't 50-100m, it at least prevents us losing him for nothing.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an extended contract offer to Bissouma in 2020, its not like us to let contracts run down, so presumably didn't reach agreement then, maybe over this clause. Again this just leads me to think that an eventual future away from England is his choice. But he also loves it here in Brighton, so I'm very confident he'll stay here til that happens :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bissouma is better than every player you've mentioned there.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

But that's not the point is it..... do they think so? And are they prepared to have ructions in their dressing room when a 100k plus a week player is not getting games?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Seeing as we are all playing guessing games about any negotiations regarding a new contract for Bissouma, here's mine:

Jack Grealish clause, new 5 year contract, 100k p/w and a release clause if any club in the Champions league offers over £100 million (sorry Arsenal, you're just not good enough).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yep, I agree. Thats the sensible move from the club, and although we presumably hate release clauses, the player in this case has a strong hand. Even if the release clause isn't 50-100m, it at least prevents us losing him for nothing.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an extended contract offer to Bissouma in 2020, its not like us to let contracts run down, so presumably didn't reach agreement then, maybe over this clause. Again this just leads me to think that an eventual future away from England is his choice. But he also loves it here in Brighton, so I'm very confident he'll stay here til that happens :)

Not really in his best interest to accept any sort of extension this year raising his market value by some £20-30m as that would have meant he pretty much closed the window of ending up in some ultra-mega club this summer. Fair chance of signing a new one once the window is closed and the club will give him a neat raise while also probably being forced to meet him halfways and accept a release fee of £60-70m.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seeing as we are all playing guessing games about any negotiations regarding a new contract for Bissouma, here's mine:

Jack Grealish clause, new 5 year contract, 100k p/w and a release clause if any club in the Champions league offers over £100 million (sorry Arsenal, you're just not good enough).

Defensive midfielders - not even Bissouma - wont go for £100m. But some similar solution to that isnt unreasonable. It wont happen until any chance of some ultra-mega move this summer is ruled out though.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Defensive midfielders - not even Bissouma - wont go for £100m. But some similar solution to that isnt unreasonable. It wont happen until any chance of some ultra-mega move this summer is ruled out though.

Not so sure about that, even centre backs are moving for huge fees these days, it depends whose buying and how much the selling club need/want to sell, this figure also spans the lifetime of the contract, in two or three years time there maybe quite a few defensive midfielders moving for that sort of figure. Even right now though, if Chelsea were to sell Kante, i very much doubt it would be under that figure, Declan Rice, supposedly West Ham want 85-90 million and imho is nowher near as good as Bissouma, ok he's English, don't think the likes of PSG would be bothered about that. Imention them because Bissouma wont just be of interest to English clubs.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How many here would be happy if we sold him for 35m but got to keep him for the rest of the season on loan?

God no! He'll be worth double next year. we'd feel gutted.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not really in his best interest to accept any sort of extension this year raising his market value by some £20-30m as that would have meant he pretty much closed the window of ending up in some ultra-mega club this summer. Fair chance of signing a new one once the window is closed and the club will give him a neat raise while also probably being forced to meet him halfways and accept a release fee of £60-70m.

Yeah, thats kind of my overall point - an extension raises his value to levels potentially too expensive for his desired destination. But if he was interested in a move this summer he's gone a funny way about it, no substantive rumours at all. I just think the club was negotiating quite hard as they still had 3 years leeway, now they're going to have to meet more of his demands but yes, definitely a fair chance of him signing a new contract. I'd be astonished if he would agree to a release fee as high as that - but we will almost certainly never know what it is, or even if it exists... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here