Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alternative to Bombing the crap out of Iraq and Syria?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that 12 months ago we were intent on bombing the crap out of Assad and Syria whilst helping arm the rebels, then all of a sudden ISIS pop onto the scene and is a complete reversal. It appears NATO are intent of taking control of Syria one way or another.

This just demonstrates how screwed up the area is. This meddling has been going on since oil was discovered in the middle east and nothing lasting has been achieved really.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
perhaps mustafa has a point.

maybe we should have ignored Iraqs request for help,washed our hands of the whole area and let them get on with annihilating each other

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
perhaps mustafa has a point.

maybe we should have ignored Iraqs request for help,washed our hands of the whole area and let them get on with annihilating each other

no, he wants us to ignore Iraq's request, but assist Assad who hasnt made any request. get it now?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think they should just all meet up, have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit, and whilst they are chatting they can watch a live-cam of how everyone is quietly enjoying the peace, and the children seem to be playing together without tribal or religious prejudice.

Alternatively people on all sides could just carry on pursuing their murderous agendas, veiling them in the cloak of righteous conquest.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So what is his solution...he has the Little Bo Peep syndrome....'Leave them alone and they will go home'....sure they will...just let them carry on murdering,raping,torturing,hiding amongst women and children...there were many people like him during the 2nd world war,thank god he wasn't there.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
"The Islamic State terrorist known as Jihadi John has been tracked by drones flying over the Syrian city of Raqqa – but British Special Forces chiefs fear a ‘kill or capture’ mission there would end in bloody failure, sources disclosed last night.
Reaper drones deployed high above the terrorists’ strongholds are also believed to have identified hostages wearing orange jumpsuits but top brass are thought to have currently ruled out a rescue operation because IS defences are too strong.
Special Forces bosses have advised the Ministry of Defence that a sustained bombing campaign lasting several weeks would be preferable.
A source said: ‘The imagery from the drones and satellites is instructive but IS infrastructure in Raqqa would have to be targeted over a sustained period to make any sort of raid a realistic possibility.
‘On the basis of our current advice there is very little chance of the Prime Minister signing off a rescue bid. The prospect of success has got to be 100 per cent or thereabouts, and at the moment it is nowhere near that. And for now there are not many other options on the table.
‘While sightings of Jihadi John are useful, as was establishing his identity, we are still a long way off getting a hit on him. Right now a raid would be suicidal.’
Drones expert Mike Gething, editor of Jane’s Electro-Optic Systems, confirmed that a Reaper could pick out hostages’ jumpsuits ‘providing it knew where to look and its line of sight was not obscured’.
He added that if terrorists looked directly into the sky they could be identified."
Again a really sensible answer...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I would drop leaflets letting them know how the world feels about them and warning any one who backs The terrorist they are as just as responsible for the Murders rapping and it's not in the name religion.
Now the time for the rest of the world to stand together including China and Russia I wish.

If ISIL are anything like me they'll just throw the leaflets in the bin.

We could annoy them into submission by adding pizza and kebab leaflets in the drop.

Food for thought....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Alternative? How about spend the money on our poor, deprived, sick and elderly? Or maybe spend the money on protecting our own borders and making them safe? Or pump it into our healthcare, our transport or just use it on the deficit.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Alternative to Bombing the crap out of Iraq and Syria.....?

What if we just pull out of the E.U and tell the U.S to stop asking for our help..
That way we could concentrate on getting our own problems sorted first.
Before we become so economically unstable that we can't help anyone anyway!.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"The Islamic State terrorist known as Jihadi John has been tracked by drones flying over the Syrian city of Raqqa – but British Special Forces chiefs fear a ‘kill or capture’ mission there would end in bloody failure, sources disclosed last night.
Reaper drones deployed high above the terrorists’ strongholds are also believed to have identified hostages wearing orange jumpsuits but top brass are thought to have currently ruled out a rescue operation because IS defences are too strong.
Special Forces bosses have advised the Ministry of Defence that a sustained bombing campaign lasting several weeks would be preferable.
A source said: ‘The imagery from the drones and satellites is instructive but IS infrastructure in Raqqa would have to be targeted over a sustained period to make any sort of raid a realistic possibility.
‘On the basis of our current advice there is very little chance of the Prime Minister signing off a rescue bid. The prospect of success has got to be 100 per cent or thereabouts, and at the moment it is nowhere near that. And for now there are not many other options on the table.
‘While sightings of Jihadi John are useful, as was establishing his identity, we are still a long way off getting a hit on him. Right now a raid would be suicidal.’
Drones expert Mike Gething, editor of Jane’s Electro-Optic Systems, confirmed that a Reaper could pick out hostages’ jumpsuits ‘providing it knew where to look and its line of sight was not obscured’.
He added that if terrorists looked directly into the sky they could be identified."

A fine selection of reading material you have been accessing SM not wonder you didn't reference any of them

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So what is his solution...he has the Little Bo Peep syndrome....'Leave them alone and they will go home'....sure they will...just let them carry on murdering,raping,torturing,hiding amongst women and children...there were many people like him during the 2nd world war,thank god he wasn't there.

He answered that question at the end of the video and it wasn't 'Leave them alone and they will go home'.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A fine selection of reading material you have been accessing SM not wonder you didn't reference any of them

Sorry BF, i did not realise that when you started two similar threads that we were mean't to agree and post articles to agree with you. For your information, seeing as you think you are a bit of a detective re where i get my references (it was not the Daily Mail) from.........then maybe your "references" maybe should be scrutinised, then again yours are always acceptable eh....whilst others that do not tally with yours, are not.

Oh and by the way, before you put up your link for the Daily Mail again......my reference was from here. http://uknw.co.uk/islamic-state-terrorist-jihadi-john-found/

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The only way to get these psychopathic fundamentalist murderers to renounce Jihad is to capture them, tie them up and force feed them kosher food, whilst forcing them to watch every episode of 'Eastenders' ever broadcast in chronological order. How can you do that without "feet on the ground"? I've come to the conclusion that they are gay sect. Have you ever seen footage of them with their wives and children? God only knows what they get up to in their tents in the desert.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
George Galloway is the biggest fool in politics. He is just a trouble maker with zero ability. Admittedly.can be charming and persuasive but still the biggest idiot and trouble maker in British politics.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
George Galloway is the biggest fool in politics. He is just a trouble maker with zero ability. Admittedly.can be charming and persuasive but still the biggest idiot and trouble maker in British politics.

I remember when the plum had a Saturday night slot on Talksport, why on a sports station i know not. Anyway he was full of waffle, and had listeners phone in, it was fine when the listener was toadying around the Hamas loving troublemaker, but disagree and he would argue a bit and then hang up abruptly when he'd said his piece. An odious man who would do better trundling off to his beloved middle east....asap imo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry BF, i did not realise that when you started two similar threads that we were mean't to agree and post articles to agree with you. For your information, seeing as you think you are a bit of a detective re where i get my references (it was not the Daily Mail) from.........then maybe your "references" maybe should be scrutinised, then again yours are always acceptable eh....whilst others that do not tally with yours, are not.

Oh and by the way, before you put up your link for the Daily Mail again......my reference was from here. http://uknw.co.uk/islamic-state-terrorist-jihadi-john-found/

Don't get you knickers in a aknot SM, I didn't put a link to the Daily Mail, I put up a link to page of google results that I got when searching for your quote. If you had stuck the link on in the first place I wouldn't have needed to do "detective' work to find the array of websites that you may or may not have been reading.

I apologise if it offends you but if someone posts something that is clearly a quote then, yes I am going to check what it is quoted from.

BTW You can scrutinise my references all you like they are there for all to see.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you had stuck the link on in the first place I wouldn't have needed to do "detective' work to find the array of websites that you may or may not have been reading.

Sorry i did not realise i had to run it by you to see what and how "I" should post things. I'll have to find a really obscure one next time eh, give you more of a challenge when checking up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here