Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Good, we don't need plastics like you....

While I don't agree with the need to start a thread about giving up his season ticket, I must point out that , to my knowledge, THPP has been a fan for a good number of years and most certainly iisn't a "plastic".

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Fine for you to take this view for yourself but not to recommend it for others. I try to keep up to date with the way the virus is developing and what’s happening with the booster programme and am still comfortable being out and about. I will also have no hesitation in going into a lockdown if I feel it necessary and won’t wait for the advice of Governments etc.

I did make clear there are exceptions but in general we should be getting on with lives as usual, and I do give that advice to others. The reason is quite simple: that there are downsides of fearing Covid unduly: lack of exercise; missing social contact; mental health problems; not getting other matters seen to (the cancer death rate will increase soon)

You seem to have a rational and stable view; not everyone does and consequently over-react to the immediate problem rather than taking a wider judgmental view that incorporates longer-term health and well-being considerations. In very simple terms it is rather like a bike ride. Bike injuries and deaths happen but they are not common, and the upsides of healthy exercise outweigh the risks for 99+% of bike riders.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Omicron is mild but the recent variant BA5 is causing problems. 863 died in the last 7 days in the UK.

Not quite sure where 863 comes from; the graph I saw had zero deaths since 6 July. But even if it is the case, 863 represents around 8% of the average weekly deaths. By comparison, over 3,000 deaths will have incurred from cancer, and that is 3,000 last week, next week, the week after etc etc., not just a blip.

And even the 8% is a gross overstatement as all 863 deaths will simply have had Covid-19 recorded on their death certificate. Very few will actually have died from Covid. A son works in a hospital in South London. He still has to record Covid-19 on DC but says he cannot remember the last time he signed a DC recording Covid believing that Covid was actually the cause of death.

We really do need to get over this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not quite sure where 863 comes from; the graph I saw had zero deaths since 6 July. But even if it is the case, 863 represents around 8% of the average weekly deaths. By comparison, over 3,000 deaths will have incurred from cancer, and that is 3,000 last week, next week, the week after etc etc., not just a blip.

And even the 8% is a gross overstatement as all 863 deaths will simply have had Covid-19 recorded on their death certificate. Very few will actually have died from Covid. A son works in a hospital in South London. He still has to record Covid-19 on DC but says he cannot remember the last time he signed a DC recording Covid believing that Covid was actually the cause of death.

We really do need to get over this.

I went to a lunch 10 days ago. We are all over 70. One lady had to cancel on the Monday because she'd been on a coach trip to Scotland and on the last day, a companion of a man left behind announced he had covid. Two days later, and quadruple jabbed, and she was positive feeling rough. No, she hasn't died but feeling rough at 76 is no joke.
A lady (72) who sat opposite me at the table on the Thursday told me on Saturday she was positive and feeling ill. I took a couple of tests and fortunately I haven't caught it.
You get over it if you want to, but I have an auto immune disease so I will continue taking precautions, if that's alright with you.

Oh and death certificates often have two or three causes recorded.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I went to a lunch 10 days ago. We are all over 70. One lady had to cancel on the Monday because she'd been on a coach trip to Scotland and on the last day, a companion of a man left behind announced he had covid. Two days later, and quadruple jabbed, and she was positive feeling rough. No, she hasn't died but feeling rough at 76 is no joke.
A lady (72) who sat opposite me at the table on the Thursday told me on Saturday she was positive and feeling ill. I took a couple of tests and fortunately I haven't caught it.
You get over it if you want to, but I have an auto immune disease so I will continue taking precautions, if that's alright with you.

Oh and death certificates often have two or three causes recorded.

For the third time. there are exceptions and you are one. Although did you formerly take precautions against influenza?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For the third time. there are exceptions and you are one. Although did you formerly take precautions against influenza?

Definitely as I have had Asian flu and Hong Kong flu in the fifties and sixties respectively. I was put into a military sick bay with the latter.

Just as an addendum, the lady who had it first went out for the first time on Saturday, wearing a mask even though she'd had two negative tests. A man at the bus stop shouted at her, Covid is over you stupid bitch.

So, forgive me if I feel a bit tetchy about what people say.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Definitely as I have had Asian flu and Hong Kong flu in the fifties and sixties respectively. I was put into a military sick bay with the latter.

Just as an addendum, the lady who had it first went out for the first time on Saturday, wearing a mask even though she'd had two negative tests. A man at the bus stop shouted at her, Covid is over you stupid bitch.

I put my mask on when travelling on a bus or train if it's busy because my son is currently in hospital and completely immunosuppressed.

I've had a few looks when I've been the only person in a crowded carriage with a mask on.

Heaven forbid if someone challenges me in the same way as the lady ... I will gladly put them in their place!

What harm is someone wearing a mask doing to anyone else! They can feck off!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That is horrible. Up here it’s quite common to see people in masks still. We tend to assume they have Covid but are being considerate. By the way, you are being very patient with someone trying to tell people how to risk assess their own lives. Not tetchy at all.

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Fooking drama queen :wave: You are 3 years behind me mate. I haven't been inside a football stadium since. Maybe we could arrange to go to Ibrox in the future ? It will definitely take less than 6 hours.

All that way to be surrounded by troglodytes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here