Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thing has just about run its course for me, will be stepping aside. BHAFC can sink or swim with or without my £. Time was when the proper fanbase made the difference. That's not the case anymore. Despite living about 3 miles from the Amex, still makes it about a 6 hour covid high-risk round trip.

Just too tired. Just can't be arsed with it anymore. Club mask regime and SASTA make it perfectly clear they don't care if we catch covid or not. ****s

Lewes FC looks like a way better day out on just about every level

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How can it be a 6 hour round trip from Preston Park ? It's less than a 2 hour round trip from Hangleton for me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Thing has just about run its course for me, will be stepping aside. BHAFC can sink or swim with or without my £. Time was when the proper fanbase made the difference. That's not the case anymore. Despite living about 3 miles from the Amex, still makes it about a 6 hour covid high-risk round trip.

Just too tired. Just can't be arsed with it anymore. Club mask regime and SASTA make it perfectly clear they don't care if we catch covid or not. ****s

What if we qualified for Europe this season, would you renew them for the following season (as season ticket holder’s would probably get priority for tickets for the European games) ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How can it be a 6 hour round trip from Preston Park ? It's less than a 2 hour round trip from Hangleton for me.

Stupidly long roundabout transport mode there and back. Either that or leave shortly after half time because it's clearly more important to get the train home than to watch the game you paid to watch

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What if we qualified for Europe this season, would you renew them for the following season (as season ticket holder’s would probably get priority for tickets for the European games) ?

Nah. Just about every club will qualify for Europe going forward, even if it means joining Euro Southern Counties Div 4 :lol:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Many reasons people may stop going but 6hr round trip from Preston Park is not one of them. May I suggest you wander to Withdean. Catch Seagull travel hour before game which will take 30mins. Same bus will take 30mins maybe less after game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Many reasons people may stop going but 6hr round trip from Preston Park is not one of them. May I suggest you wander to Withdean. Catch Seagull travel hour before game which will take 30mins. Same bus will take 30mins maybe less after game.

I got Seagulls Travel for the first - and last - time for that shittily-scheduled Boxing Day 8pm thing v Brentford. Won't be doing that again anytime ever. WTF was I thinking? :dunce:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I’d love to be as close geographically to my team. Speaking for myself, I get bored of doing the same thing. I’d probably build in walking or cycling to the ground and getting a seat in a different part of the ground.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like a flounce to me. Will you also be moving on from NSC?

Bye bye!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:bigwave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That would then be my last season.

The Albion away at Raith Rovers in 13 months time would be the pinnacle of my support.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
15 minute walk to London road station 15 mins on the train to get there, probably only an hours walk. 6 hours my arse.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This six hour malarkey? Obviously includes the match, yeah?

As for Covid policy, I also do not wish to catch the thing, due to ongoing treatment. In fact, in my workplace of 20 plus I am now the only person to have not had it yet, note my use of YET. It will come, I have no doubt, I am fully jabbed (4), but I do not expect the world to revolve around me when it has to return to as near normal as possible.

By all means make a choice to stop going tho The Amex, but do not blame it on the club, it is you being a bit precocious really.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you not making this decision a little too soon?

What if the club sacks the "gormless manager", appoint a real one like Gary Megson or something, and end up 17th, would you really be able to turn down the chance to get a good moan every week?

As for Covid you'll probably have to accept it will be going around... forever. So if you don't want to spend the rest of your life locked up you're going to have to take some risks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Agree & disagree, a lot to what you say, and l lov e non-league footie myself, regular at Horsham YMCA when the Albion play away, but . . . it's easy to say you are giving up your highly prized season ticket at the Amex now, (l have felt the same on many occasions), but when it comes to the crunch next Spring, let's revisit this then, and see how you feel then. In short it's an easy thing to say, far less easy to actually do.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Fooking drama queen :wave: You are 3 years behind me mate. I haven't been inside a football stadium since. Maybe we could arrange to go to Ibrox in the future ? It will definitely take less than 6 hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here