Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Thing has just about run its course for me, will be stepping aside. BHAFC can sink or swim with or without my £. Time was when the proper fanbase made the difference. That's not the case anymore. Despite living about 3 miles from the Amex, still makes it about a 6 hour covid high-risk round trip.

Just too tired. Just can't be arsed with it anymore. Club mask regime and SASTA make it perfectly clear they don't care if we catch covid or not. ****s

Lewes FC looks like a way better day out on just about every level

What is the mask regime ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thing has just about run its course for me, will be stepping aside. BHAFC can sink or swim with or without my £. Time was when the proper fanbase made the difference. That's not the case anymore. Despite living about 3 miles from the Amex, still makes it about a 6 hour covid high-risk round trip.

Just too tired. Just can't be arsed with it anymore. Club mask regime and SASTA make it perfectly clear they don't care if we catch covid or not. ****s

Why would the club have a different mask regime to the wider world?! Wear a mask if you want - no-ones stopping you - but maybe some people want to not worry about bloody covid forevermore and just live with it like we do everything else

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Are you sure about this young Tom? I mean, what the **** are you going to moan about if you don't have the Albion?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Almost certainly going to be my last as well. Now 76 and just not up to going to every home game. only managed two last season although that was largely down to Covid. Have had a ST on and off since 1959 so Ive had a decent run.

Funny thing is, few of the Withdean Five Thousand, certainly nobody in the South Stand that I ever knew - and I knew quite a few - was ever a naturally-inclined STH. What tipped us all over the edge? You had to enter a fookin BALLOT for a match ticket. Used to damn near break my Abion heart to go into the club shop by the clock tower and find most of the staff engaged in stuffing 'You Have Been Unsuccessful' letters into stamped addressed envelopes along with returning the sender's cheque to, uh, sender

Feb 23, 2013

Bye

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does this mean you'll stop spamming the board with negative bollocks? If so, I'm in favour.

Well, I wouldn’t be. Different opinions are what makes this board so vibrant and somewhere where I find myself spending far too much of my time. But there is, genuinely, I believe, nowhere else quite like it.

I think Potter is a really promising, bright young manager with fresh ideas and an honest outlook on his own and his team’s abilities and we’re lucky to have him at this point in his career. Doesn’t mean I can’t cope with reading the views of those who think differently and wish they’d stop posting. I quite like THPP’s ‘Arctic Benny’ schtick as I see it as the perfect antidote to those who have Potter as the next England coach or off to City to replace Pep every time we beat Watford away or roll over a woeful Man Utd.

Hopefully we are a broad enough church to accommodate both views and all those in between. Plus, I like Tom.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Almost certainly going to be my last as well. Now 76 and just not up to going to every home game. only managed two last season although that was largely down to Covid. Have had a ST on and off since 1959 so Ive had a decent run.

b70cbe0744ed2d12a5d635d005725a94.jpg

It’s back again within a week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds like a flounce to me. Will you also be moving on from NSC?

Bye bye!!

This. In terms of travel time, it’s not a 6 hour trip from Southampton.

Lewes might be ok for some, but I enjoy the quality of football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, I wouldn’t be. Different opinions are what makes this board so vibrant and somewhere where I find myself spending far too much of my time. But there is, genuinely, I believe, nowhere else quite like it.

I think Potter is a really promising, bright young manager with fresh ideas and an honest outlook on his own and his team’s abilities and we’re lucky to have him at this point in his career. Doesn’t mean I can’t cope with reading the views of those who think differently and wish they’d stop posting. I quite like THPP’s ‘Arctic Benny’ schtick as I see it as the perfect antidote to those who have Potter as the next England coach or off to City to replace Pep every time we beat Watford away or roll over a woeful Man Utd.

Hopefully we are a broad enough church to accommodate both views and all those in between. Plus, I like Tom.

I like [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] too. Strictly between me and thee, often wear it under the sporran when winter draws on

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stupidly long roundabout transport mode there and back. Either that or leave shortly after half time because it's clearly more important to get the train home than to watch the game you paid to watch

Ever heard of the Park and Ride ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lewes might be ok for some, but I enjoy the quality of football.

Indeed, I spent most of my youth at non league games , mainly Worthing - but was always a Brighton supporter. Can’t imagine regularly going to other teams games and not being invested in the result like a proper fan

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I got Seagulls Travel for the first - and last - time for that shittily-scheduled Boxing Day 8pm thing v Brentford. Won't be doing that again anytime ever. WTF was I thinking? :dunce:

What is wrong with a service that gets you there and back in 1 hour instead of 6

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mate.....it isn't about you :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think we might have an excess combo of sun and drink here

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Home games at Gillingham in a clapped out double decker.

And you think you have it bad now.

Thankfully I never went.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here